what will samsung do

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Any one know if samsung will give some kind of deal for the note 8. To those that had to get rid of the note7 for. s7e

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Samsung is making huge profits this quarter, the Note 7 was a distraction to the company. They'll most probably give or offer nothing to the consumer and to those that had to deal with the Note 7 debacle.

While I like their phones and have been a customer of theirs for years, Sammy is a tough company to deal with from the consumer side, and I'm fairly easy to deal with as a consumer.

I'm running along with my Note 5, will probably wait for the Note 8. The S8's larger size... that's too big a phone for me. The Note 5 and 7's size, about the biggest I want to go in a phone.

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Many double and triple dipped on Samsung with their Promotions.

I got the FREE 256GB Memory Card & Gear VR

That isn't enough for you guys?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Many double and triple dipped on Samsung with their Promotions.

I got the FREE 256GB Memory Card & Gear VR

That isn't enough for you guys?
I don't care about the freebies. That phone was a big, big deal. Supposed to be top of the line, best phone out, best specs and programs. I LOVE the phone. But the first recall, then the rush to send out replacements without confirming the problem, having those recalled again. All the stress and those settling for 2nd choices that aren't close to what that phone was (aside from a melting pot). I would probably be a little offended if they tried to overcharge it after the double recall, especially to those loyal samsung customers that trusted it twice.

BBgeeqed04

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm thinking they may offer to give you a Note 8 if you're willing to pay the full/asking price at the time of purchase. They must make up for the lost revenue from the Note 7 somehow. I mean Samsung is on the verge of bankruptcy! :)

Seriously, I'm sure they believe they've paid their penance for the Note 7. So, I don't see any deals coming from Samsung.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am sure there will be some pre-order deals. They usually like to do this so I would expect the same thing with the Note 8.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I would jump on the 256GB microSD. That's a nice $150-$200 perk.
If you do, don't do it through Samsung.com. I did that deal on the galaxy note 7 and it was horrible. Many of us like to have never gotten our phone. For those who pre-ordered on the first day it was available to pre-order, it was the last ones to start shipping. Then once the recall started it was a night mare all over again. I think we all learned not to order through them again. Phone company purchase for me next time.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
If you do, don't do it through Samsung.com. I did that deal on the galaxy note 7 and it was horrible. Many of us like to have never gotten our phone. For those who pre-ordered on the first day it was available to pre-order, it was the last ones to start shipping. Then once the recall started it was a night mare all over again. I think we all learned not to order through them again. Phone company purchase for me next time.
I had gotten my Note 7 both times through tmobile. The return process was easy-just brought into the store and swapped on the spot for s7edge.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Same for me with AT&T, only I couldn't get used to the Edge so I ended up with an S7 Active!
I have the edge and went back and forth a few times, then wound up back with the 7edge and have a note 5 I got off of Amazon that's my daily driver. I'm using the 7edge to jump to the next either S8 or Note 8

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the edge and went back and forth a few times, then wound up back with the 7edge and have a note 5 I got off of Amazon that's my daily driver. I'm using the 7edge to jump to the next either S8 or Note 8
I'm 67 and I've got old, arthritic fingers and holding the Edge, I just kept tripping the "Edge functions" when I wasn't asking for them - just could not get used to it! My AT&T Rep said "Hey Jim, you always put rugged cases on your phones anyway right? And you really like long battery life right?" I said "Yes" She handed me the "S7 Active" and about 20 minutes later I was out the door... tough, waterproof and a 4000 mAh battery? It'll do until the Note 8 arrives! I actually like it... no pen of course, but it's nice having a lack of features for a change! :) I'm also running a pirate copy of Nougat!!!

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't care about the freebies. That phone was a big, big deal. Supposed to be top of the line, best phone out, best specs and programs. I LOVE the phone. But the first recall, then the rush to send out replacements without confirming the problem, having those recalled again. All the stress and those settling for 2nd choices that aren't close to what that phone was (aside from a melting pot). I would probably be a little offended if they tried to overcharge it after the double recall, especially to those loyal samsung customers that trusted it twice.

Exactly this. I thought Samsung had mentioned some sort of incentive of us Note 7 users when the Note 8 was due out although I haven't read anything more about it. They better get it right this time!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Exactly this. I thought Samsung had mentioned some sort of incentive of us Note 7 users when the Note 8 was due out although I haven't read anything more about it.

They better get it right this time!
I think that's all we can wish for... the other stuff - forget it! I don't think they're going to remember those of us who went through that whole double indemnity Note 7 Fiasco. That's in the rear view mirror to them now, I think! I'll just be glad to get a perfectly working and well designed Note 8!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12