The Note 8 will be $950??

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If you loved the size of the Note 7 and you don't need the S-Pen, then the Mate 9 may be a good option for you. I'm using one now, and I love it. The EMUI 5 interface is incredible with neat features like swipe down to search, and a lock screen toolbar. Also battery life is off the charts! I can go 2 days without charging with no problems! And they somehow packed a 5.9 inch screen in to a 5.5 inch form factor! My iPhone 7 Plus and my Mate 9 are the same size, BUT they are NOT, the Mate 9 screen IS bigger because of the smaller bezels!

A nice 599 price too!

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Anything above $700 for a mobile device is a no go for me! That's my hardline in the sand to any OEM, otherwise they lose! My wallet my choice! IMHO we as consumers need to take a stand, otherwise where does it stop? These prices are getting ridiculous. :(

When Windows 10 came out. And most people didn't like it.
And a lot of people had to buy new computers.'

Do you think Microsoft cared what you thought.
They put their product on the market.
If you want it you got to pay the price.

SupermanJon707

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site

Yeah...But Windows 8 and 7 were still out for awhile so people still got to use that and then they were given Windows 10 upgrade for free

I'm sorry but Mobile phones are seriously different there is TOO many options not too few like Windows Or Mac

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't see Samsung asking $950 plus after the massive double recall issues with their previous device. Hiked prices on a model released after the recall debacle would leave a lot of people leery about plopping that kind of money down / financing that.

I doubt it'll be that pricey. Some folk have money like TP so its no big deal, but for regular "middle class" (if that even exists) folk that'll too much of a pricey to pay for a possible replay of last year. Samsung should have a NOTE LOYALTY discount lol. for those that have multiple note devices and were duped out of note 7 upgrade. Im holding a grudge that sprint or samsung didn't offer to give me my note 5 back but if you go to Samsung site they are selling them. AND I HOPE to jebus that the note 8 doesnt follow in the v20 footsteps with google apps instead stock manf apps.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I doubt it'll be that pricey. Some folk have money like TP so its no big deal, but for regular "middle class" (if that even exists) folk that'll too much of a pricey to pay for a possible replay of last year. Samsung should have a NOTE LOYALTY discount lol. for those that have multiple note devices and were duped out of note 7 upgrade. Im holding a grudge that sprint or samsung didn't offer to give me my note 5 back but if you go to Samsung site they are selling them. AND I HOPE to jebus that the note 8 doesnt follow in the v20 footsteps with google apps instead stock manf apps.
Tmobile quit selling the Note 5. I've ordered one off amazon that should arrive today.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Tmobile quit selling the Note 5. I've ordered one off amazon that should arrive today.

weird that TMO would stop selling the N5.....
I have JOD with TMO and will use it to go the the S8 from my s7 edge....then to the Note 8 after that :)

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
weird that TMO would stop selling the N5.....
I have JOD with TMO and will use it to go the the S8 from my s7 edge....then to the Note 8 after that :)
I have a decided Edge on their jump as well. I plan to jump it into either the S8 if they have a big one or the Note 8 but depending on when the Note 8 comes up I might be able to jump into both

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Windows 10 was free for me ;). Also what do you mean they had to buy new computers? You can wipe the hard drive and put another OS (like Windows 7 or something) on it. I don't see why someone would just buy a whole new PC...

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
That is what I like about Flossy's reviews is that he whales on the prices of these flagship devices being too damn high.

I'm sorry there is no way I would spend over $900 before taxes on the Note 8 especially how we all got stiffed over. I will likely buy the 6.2 inch S8 or whatever the bigger model is though and probably won't buy a Note 8 then. The S8 prices will give us an idea possibly how much the Note 8 will cost.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
That is what I like about Flossy's reviews is that he whales on the prices of these flagship devices being too damn high.

I'm sorry there is no way I would spend over $900 before taxes on the Note 8 especially how we all got stiffed over. I will likely buy the 6.2 inch S8 or whatever the bigger model is though and probably won't buy a Note 8 then. The S8 prices will give us an idea possibly how much the Note 8 will cost.

Yeah but Floss still buys them anyway. Note 8 is going to be expensive. Samsung is going to throw everything including the kitchen sink on it. I'm either getting the S8 plus or just waiting for the Note. It will all depend on my patience lol.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
It's all rumor like amyf27 says... but for a number of reasons, I'm hoping that the rumored possibility of an S8 with S-Pen as an optional accessory becomes real and live without a silo. New info on rumored dimensions for the S8 Plus have me turned off for anything bigger than the S8 dimensions and shudder to think what the Note 8 dimensions would be. The Note 7 dimensions were just acceptable for me.

Maybe the Note 8 will be the same size as the S8 Plus but the screen will be FLAT.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Yeah but Floss still buys them anyway. Note 8 is going to be expensive. Samsung is going to throw everything including the kitchen sink on it. I'm either getting the S8 plus or just waiting for the Note. It will all depend on my patience lol.

It better have removable battery and Micro SD slot and IR blater too then to be priced that high.

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm sorry but Mobile phones are seriously different there is TOO many options not too few like Windows Or Mac
Yes - there really are a lot of choices. None of them are perfect, of course, but they exist. So, no one is "forced" to pay $900 for a phone. As long as people are willing to pay it's really hard to blame companies for trying.

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Lol Samsung will still price it high ....... Even without removable battery. Unfortunately, I don't think that's ever coming back.
I think that the removable battery is going to be a permanently niche item. Everyone wants water proof. It's really not practical to do that with a removable battery.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The only way is with a waterproof case
...yeah, but IF you're lucky, MAYBE 20% of the customers with a waterproof case will be careful enough replacing their batteries on a daily basis, to keep the case waterproof! It's just human nature... then they blame Samsung for not making a waterproof case! :)

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I think that the removable battery is going to be a permanently niche item. Everyone wants water proof. It's really not practical to do that with a removable battery.

Oh of course. I'm already over it....As long as it can last me a day lol. But I know alot of people who consider that a deal breaker.