The Note 8 will be $950??

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Too much Speculating on here.

Nobody knows nothing about the note 8
Whats on the internet is just people guessing.

It could be 3000.00
And that is just a speculating guess.

Nobody knows. If they leaked the info they wouldn't have a job.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
See I would probably do the 950 on the new note, but the news arrival on Forbes I saw this a.m. speculated the S8 Plus at that price, which I'm definitely hesitant about. Well see what 3/29 brings

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
See I would probably do the 950 on the new note, but the news arrival on Forbes I saw this a.m. speculated the S8 Plus at that price, which I'm definitely hesitant about. Well see what 3/29 brings

...11:00 AM, YouTube - got it Bookmarked and ready!

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes I think that I just need to get over the fact that smartphones depreciate so quickly and owning it after 2 years is no longer beneficial for the manufacturer.

I bet there are alot of us here that take very good care of our devices in hopes of keeping them as long as possible and then selling it off at decent price when we're ready. I mean, the hardware looks great, battery seems to be relatively healthy. Its just that its past the 2 year guaranteed updates.

If one doesn't care about updates and doesn't mind being on an Android OS 2 or 3 major releases behind, then I guess owning a $950 phone for beyond 2 years isn't bad at all.

Pay for 80% or 50% of the retail cost of the device through installments and you don't have to worry about OS updates as you'll get a new device every year or 2 years (assuming you get on it at launch)

The carrier will then turn around and sell the unit you rented as a refurb to make up the difference of the retail cost and make a few hundred more.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes I think that I just need to get over the fact that smartphones depreciate so quickly and owning it after 2 years is no longer beneficial for the manufacturer.

I bet there are alot of us here that take very good care of our devices in hopes of keeping them as long as possible and then selling it off at decent price when we're ready. I mean, the hardware looks great, battery seems to be relatively healthy. Its just that its past the 2 year guaranteed updates.

If one doesn't care about updates and doesn't mind being on an Android OS 2 or 3 major releases behind, then I guess owning a $950 phone for beyond 2 years isn't bad at all.

Pay for 80% or 50% of the retail cost of the device through installments and you don't have to worry about OS updates as you'll get a new device every year or 2 years (assuming you get on it at launch)

The carrier will then turn around and sell the unit you rented as a refurb to make up the difference of the retail cost and make a few hundred more.

Technology moves very fast. Know it cost.
But if you want a faster phone. And the new bells and whistles you got to pay.
New phones also has new software and a new battery. Nothing like a new battery.

The MFG don't care what the people like, They make what sells.
And people is gonna buy a phone.

I usually give my phone to somebody that is in need of a phone but can't afford one.
I usually keep one incase I loose my new phone.
But There is no need for me to keep them.
I usually buy 1 phone a year.
Last year I bought the S7E and the Note 7, then the note 5 which I'm using now.

And I need to wait till Samsung can take the time to release a new note 8

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
You still have to pay for it, even if you have that jump program or similar, your never getting a phone paid off if I understand right.

Not gonna say monthly payments are not tough.

I hate paying for them as much as the next person.

And Best Buy gives you a better deal if you get one financed with a carrier.
They usually give you a free SD card.

Then you have to make monthly payments till you can pay the amount in full.
After that you have to ask for a unlock code and find somebody with like a Tmobile phone so you can use their Sims card and use the unlock code.
That in itself sux's./

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Not gonna say monthly payments are not touch.

I hate paying for them as much as the next person.

And Best Buy gives you a better deal if you get one financed with a carrier.
They usually give you a free SD card.

Then you have to make monthly payments till you can pay the amount in full.
After that you have to ask for a unlock code and find somebody with like a Tmobile phone so you can use their Sims card and use the unlock code.
That in itself sux's./
Isn't that a bunch of BS you have to pay it off in full. If someone wanted to pay a little extra here and there on a zero interest loan I would take it

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Ahh
You could go a few years and not buy a new phone.
See if that would work out for you.

For me I like a new phone.
I work all summer doing odd jobs. Save the money.
And buy a new phone every year.
I give my wife the phone I had the year prior.
And I get a new one.
She refused to pay for one.
So that is how I work it out for us.
She gets a 1 yr old phone and I get a new phone.
Would be hard to buy both her and me a new phone in the same year.
We got too many toys

bradleyem

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the fence about Samsung and any of their new devices. I have ALWAYS had the latest and greatest Note phones and tablets. I love the high end hardware, the speed, the features S-Pen, etc. And, I'm starting to love using Samsung Pay. It is absolutely amazing that it works with old mag stripe readers.

BUT...

Non removable battery

No SD card

I HATE the curved screens that they are putting on all of their phones now.

No developer edition, and being on Verizon there is STILL no root for the Note 5. I NEED root in order to do full screen mirroring on my Pioneer AppRadio.

No IR blaster...that was a great feature that I used a lot.

I'm about to dump Samsung for a pure Android phone like the Pixel (If I can get one...lol)

It sucks because I love Samsung devices.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm on the fence about Samsung and any of their new devices. I have ALWAYS had the latest and greatest Note phones and tablets. I love the high end hardware, the speed, the features S-Pen, etc. And, I'm starting to love using Samsung Pay. It is absolutely amazing that it works with old mag stripe readers.

BUT...

Non removable battery

No SD card

I HATE the curved screens that they are putting on all of their phones now.

No developer edition, and being on Verizon there is STILL no root for the Note 5. I NEED root in order to do full screen mirroring on my Pioneer AppRadio.

No IR blaster...that was a great feature that I used a lot.

I'm about to dump Samsung for a pure Android phone like the Pixel (If I can get one...lol)

It sucks because I love Samsung devices.
I'm on the fence and may go to an Lg V20

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084