The Note 8 will be $950??

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't take any of that as writing in stone yet. I'd wait to see the actual release date and product pricing details then.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I will be buying Note 8 no matter how much it costs.

Simply put, there is nothing out there that even comes close to the Note series.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
It's all rumor like amyf27 says... but for a number of reasons, I'm hoping that the rumored possibility of an S8 with S-Pen as an optional accessory becomes real and live without a silo. New info on rumored dimensions for the S8 Plus have me turned off for anything bigger than the S8 dimensions and shudder to think what the Note 8 dimensions would be. The Note 7 dimensions were just acceptable for me.

I would love a Note phone but I like to do a lot of stuff outside the normal work environment, run 20 miles a week, bike, other activities where I'd like to have my phone with me and not have to lug a huge phablet in an armband or a backpack :/

https://www.sammobile.com/2017/01/1...-galaxy-s8-and-galaxy-s8-plus-surface-online/

I will be buying Note 8 no matter how much it costs.

Simply put, there is nothing out there that even comes close to the Note series.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Ya, taking Note for a run is not ideal. Can't win them all I guess. For me, Note series has always been about an all in one package. I do have an iPod for the gym as well as running.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I actually prefer my V20 to my old Note 7. Note had much better screen and camera however V20 has other features I prefer.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
V20 is a nice phone. I don't run currently but I do bike and go to the gym. My bike holds any size phone on a secure handlebar mount and for the gym I just carry it around.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Anything above $700 for a mobile device is a no go for me! That's my hardline in the sand to any OEM, otherwise they lose! My wallet my choice! IMHO we as consumers need to take a stand, otherwise where does it stop? These prices are getting ridiculous. :(

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Anything above $700 for a mobile device is a no go for me! That's my hardline in the sand to any OEM, otherwise they lose! My wallet my choice! IMHO we as consumers need to take a stand, otherwise where does it stop? These prices are getting ridiculous. :(

Yeah you can get a descent laptop for that price. Ridic. I still want it though. Like the poster said above, I think my phone jumping days are done. If it is truly $950.00, it makes sense from a "greedy" carrier standpoint in that on a 24 month payment plan those work out to be $39.60 or so - just a shade under 40 bones. 39 sounds better than 40 and that is an old pricing tactic, but it does work.

That is a lot to add monthly to someone's bill. I'm now on the fence TBH.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Agreed! About two years ago (this coming March to be exact) I spent around $1G on my Surface Pro 3 with a docking station. Despite its age it still has a ton of functionality way beyond any mobile device to date!. So IMHO, it's just crazy for these OEM's to think it's acceptable to even be in that same ballpark!
It's not crazy if people are buying them. If no one was buying them - you would have a point. There seems to be an increasing number of moderately priced alternatives that are fairly nicely equipped though. That may add pricing pressure. Although, the Note is pretty well top spec'd, and people still seem willing to pay for it.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
With subsidized pricing not available to consumer accounts, people wanting, aching, for a new phone seem to be willing to accept "the deal" of breaking the payments down to "only" $25 for 30 months and then they get you by letting you upgrade early for another "deal." I'm gonna avoid that as best I can and lucky I have outs to getting one of these phones cheaper. But if I had no choice but pay full retail for any of these phones... I'd go with the OnePlus 3T.

They are coming out with great phones and this year you are really seeing the Chinese phones shine at the $500 price point. They have had some mad praise by the android media and they are selling 10s of millions units that most probably would have gone to Samsung mainly and effecting the rest too.

Sammy shouldn't worry about Apple. Companies like OnePlus and Chinese companies will be a force to be reckoned with and people will think twice about spending $750-$850-$950 for a phone.

It's not crazy if people are buying them. If no one was buying them - you would have a point. There seems to be an increasing number of moderately priced alternatives that are fairly nicely equipped though. That may add pricing pressure. Although, the Note is pretty well top spec'd, and people still seem willing to pay for it.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Verizon and the carriers along with Samsung and the other manufacturers got many of us hooked on new phones every two years... when replaceable batteries were available. Then their attractive marketing got many to chase a new phone every year. And you have folks jumping from one phone to the newest, greatest every three months.

If the manufacturers can keep the updates flowing along with strong battery life, I can't see why folks won't keep their phones two, three or four years! Let's face it... a thousand bucks at a pop with accessories, that's a lot of dough for a ... phone!

Then again, there are many who want the most stylish phone on the market... and they want it NOW! To coin a popular phrase... WHATEVER!

I just want a solid phone, fast, reliable, accurate that will last me minimum two to three years.

Is that asking too much? 😉

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Well Lets look at the previous devices and their launch prices:

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 = $849
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 = $720
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 = $699

If we take into account some inflation and Samsung Tax, we could potentially end up with a price that starts with $9xx which in my opinion is to high. Im hoping for a $899 or lower. Otherwise its just too much dough for something I'm quite possibly going to upgrade in 2 years time. Rather purchase a OnePlus 3T for HALF the money and still get an outstanding device. :D

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I don't see Samsung asking $950 plus after the massive double recall issues with their previous device. Hiked prices on a model released after the recall debacle would leave a lot of people leery about plopping that kind of money down / financing that.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't see Samsung asking $950 plus after the massive double recall issues with their previous device. Hiked prices on a model released after the recall debacle would leave a lot of people leery about plopping that kind of money down / financing that.

Agreed. If anything, they'd probably want to aim for a lower price point.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
The Note 8 will not be cheaper than the S8 or S8 Plus.
The S8 and S8 Plus will not be cheaper than the S7 and S7 Edge...
They didn't have to discount them due to the Note 7 fiasco so I don't see them having to discount them for the S8 release.
Ergo... don't expect the Note 8 to be any cheaper than the Note 7 and if the rumored S8 Plus is true at $850, expect the Note 8 to be more expensive.

It's looking less likely if there really is a Note 8... but at this point I'd prefer a S8 with S-Pen as an accessory if faced with a $900+ Note.

Time will tell.

Agreed. If anything, they'd probably want to aim for a lower price point.

johnnieeve

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I've owned 4 of the last 6 Note phones, the 7 being my last. I now have a Pixel XL and am satisfied, but still long for the next Note. Anything south of $1,000.00 works for me. However, I believe I have read that Samsung will be offering Note 7 owners a discount for coming back to Samsung?

BBgeeqed04

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
The main reason I upgrade to new Note will be due to the lack of SDcard expansion with Note 5. One of the worst ideas Samsung made with Note 5. Other than that, best phone I've ever owned. Even beats my Z10! Still miss my Z10 and BB10. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2