Removable battery?

Biggmac419

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
I don't understand why they went away from it. Note 4 had Both SD and removable batt. Note 5 was junk and didn't have either. Then 7 set people on fire. They need to go back to the removable battery. On my daily use with my 4 I have 2 spares and would go through all 3 in less that 24 hours.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why they went away from it. Note 4 had Both SD and removable batt. Note 5 was junk and didn't have either. Then 7 set people on fire. They need to go back to the removable battery. On my daily use with my 4 I have 2 spares and would go through all 3 in less that 24 hours.
Because the whole industry is going away from it. The average user never switches batteries and it's much easier to make a device waterproof if the device doesn't have a removable battery.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Phones have moved away from removable batteries for a while now. I would guess within the next 18 months it will be phased out.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Phones have moved away from Golfdriver97 for a while now. I would guess within the next 18 years it will be phased out.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I wish it would have one, but I am doubting it will! Having removable batteries - though it's a feature I love - doesn't seem to be a "trend" for most manufacturers at this point in time.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Because the whole industry is going away from it. The average user never switches batteries and it's much easier to make a device waterproof if the device doesn't have a removable battery.

I had the S5, never removed the battery. Did love the SD card and wish my Note 5 had that. Of course I went to the Note 5 after a little over a year of the S5 so the battery wasn't an issue.

I don't see removeable batteries coming back. Always seemed a bother to remove everything to get to them. Same with the SD card if I wanted it. But I preferred the memory so I'd have a card over a swappable battery any day.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
This is a must for me. It has to have removable battery so I can install supersized ZeroLemon battery of 9000-10,000 mAh. Stock 3400 mAh does not cut it, especially with a UHD screen.

Don't hold your breath. I love removable batteries too. There are millions of us who would probably still be rocking our N7s if it came with one, but alas, I think the day of the removable battery is over.

pmjj

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
A removable battery would defiantly be a plus for me not caring so much for a waterproof phone... have my note for now for 3 years and had not water problems.... had to replace my battery with it before two years was even up...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781