03-27-2017 10:37 PM
    Just like the foldable screen and on-screen fingerprint readers were supposed to come bundled with the S8.
    03-27-2017 11:16 PM
    I think so. It has been written before that Note8 will be the fist Samsung phone with dual camera.
    03-28-2017 07:39 AM
    There is a whole swag of very specific camera leaks about the Note 8. A dual lens system, 3x optical zoom and a wide angle lens, 2x OIS. Very exciting camera upgrades I must say.

If Samsung don't stumble with that awful rear fingerprint reader again like the S8, I'll be very interested to upgrade from my S5.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    04-20-2017 06:24 AM
    There is a whole swag of very specific camera leaks about the Note 8. A dual lens system, 3x optical zoom and a wide angle lens, 2x OIS. Very exciting camera upgrades I must say.

If Samsung don't stumble with that awful rear fingerprint reader again like the S8, I'll be very interested to upgrade from my S5.
    The rear FPS debacle will not be included in the Note 8..... me sees a lot of people fleabaying the s8/s8+ in 6 months .
    jimd1050 likes this.
    04-20-2017 08:21 AM
    The rear FPS debacle will not be included in the Note 8..... me sees a lot of people fleabaying the s8/s8+ in 6 months .
    Someone on these forums questioned why I would skip the S8 for just "on feature", (fingerprint scanner). This for me is a critical feature. I unlock my phone dozens of times a day, and away from Wi-Fi, so not able to use trusted devices. I couldn't imagine having to do that every day for the next couple of years.
    04-20-2017 03:20 PM
    Someone on these forums questioned why I would skip the S8 for just "on feature", (fingerprint scanner). This for me is a critical feature. I unlock my phone dozens of times a day, and away from Wi-Fi, so not able to use trusted devices. I couldn't imagine having to do that every day for the next couple of years.
    true.... remember the dual camera was dumped probably because of the placement of the FPS.... it was a rush job !!!! the note 8 will kick azz and ill break the bank to get it ....
    04-20-2017 03:29 PM
    true.... remember the dual camera was dumped probably because of the placement of the FPS.... it was a rush job !!!! the note 8 will kick azz and ill break the bank to get it ....
    Exactly. Failing to get the FPS under the screen in the front didn't just impact the FPS placement, it also forced out the planned dual camera. I think the Note 8 simply will not come until they get it all worked out. My prediction is that the Note will have some nice advantages over the S8 just for this reason. It will get all the goodies they originally planned for the S8, plus a pen. :-)
    04-20-2017 04:51 PM
    I was saying a couple weeks ago that I wonder how Samsung would outdo themselves with the Note 8 since the S8 was such a big improvement when it came to design. I was hoping Samsung had something up their sleave. Looks similar to the iPhone set up with a Telephoto lense.

But with a x3 zoom! Very cool
    jimd1050 likes this.
    04-22-2017 01:12 PM
    Since the Galaxy C10 looks like it may be the first Galaxy with a dual camera setup, it is looking almost for certain that the Note 8 will be rocking dual rear cameras.

For those that are waiting for the Note 8, it sure looks like it is going to be a worthwhile waitツ

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsu...-setup_id93802
    05-07-2017 03:03 AM
    Since the Galaxy C10 looks like it may be the first Galaxy with a dual camera setup, it is looking almost for certain that the Note 8 will be rocking dual rear cameras.

For those that are waiting for the Note 8, it sure looks like it is going to be a worthwhile waitツ

Samsung Galaxy C10 to be the first Samsung phone with a dual camera setup?
    Unless they go even crazier with the size in Note8. I am realising more and more I don't want a phone as big as s8+. I am again looking at LG and I saw an amazing concept for Nokia Edge.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    05-07-2017 05:37 AM
    Unless they go even crazier with the size in Note8. I am realising more and more I don't want a phone as big as s8+. I am again looking at LG and I saw an amazing concept for Nokia Edge.
    Hmm, Notefreak not getting a Note, who would have thunk? What about if it is the same height and just a little wider than the 8+?
    05-07-2017 06:48 AM
    Hmm, Notefreak not getting a Note, who would have thunk? What about if it is the same height and just a little wider than the 8+?
    I know. I am going to have to change my name if that happens.

I am afraid s8+ is already too high for me. The more I look at it, the more crazy long it seems. What were they thinking really?

Unless it is totally bezel free. Then a 6.2 inch screen would work.
    05-07-2017 09:46 AM
    I'm good with that. At first, the whole tall skinny thing is "out of the ordinary", but coming from the Note 7, I could take slimmer. Will make it easier for one handed thumb reaching across
    LineKill likes this.
    05-08-2017 05:06 PM
    I don't buy a phone for its camera. The one on S7 is fine for me so let's see what else the note 8 will offer.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    05-09-2017 06:19 AM
    I know. I am going to have to change my name if that happens.

I am afraid s8+ is already too high for me. The more I look at it, the more crazy long it seems. What were they thinking really?

Unless it is totally bezel free. Then a 6.2 inch screen would work.
    Don't worry about the "looks of it. I came from all the Notes and Note 7 of course... Currently have the S8+. Once you have a few days in the hands you won't even notice the bit of extra height.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    05-09-2017 08:36 AM
    When I heard the rumors of a possible dual camera on the upcoming Note 8, I decided to not get a new phone till the fall. I am really looking forward to seeing what Samsung has in store for the next Note. If it comes with dual cameras, 64-128gigs of storage, and 6gigs of RAM then it will be a definite buy. I would also be OK with just 4gigs of RAM.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    05-12-2017 01:19 AM