Will the Note 8 come this year or next year?

JoeInCT

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm super disappointed in Samsung. At one point, they had every conceivable size, including the Note and a 12" Android tablet. I walked into the Best Buy to find no Android 12" tablet and of course, no Note. At one point, they were criticized for having "too many options", and they seemed to respond by "slowing it down" and now having too few. Reminds me of a car dealer with a half-empty display lot.

Regardless, the new Note needs to come out sooner (August?) rather than later. With the exception of the battery, the Note 7 was quality. If they truly have figured out the cause of the battery problems, there is no reason to wait so long. Until then, the Samsung section at the Best Buy will look like a half-empty car lot.

And why no 12"??? They are opening the door to that God awful Microsoft tablet w/keyboard. Ack.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Gotta say. I have a netbook flexx 11, and it's been great for a year and a half of daily usage for work.

A < $200 Windows 10 laptablet ain't a bad deal.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I know this is a late reply to your reply but I have called Samsung twice in regard to the S8+ before I pre-ordered and during both discussions the Note 8 was brought up and both reps said yes the Note 8 will be out sometime around September/October so that is why I canceled my S8+ order and will TRY and hold out for the Note 8.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I agree. If I remember correctly the last few Notes I had gotten came out then. I don't ever remember one coming out this early in the year. The Note 7 almost killed the Note series, I believe too that the S8's were already in the works and yes, I believe if they had come out with the Note8 first the S8's would not sell but I am so glad they are coming out with one. I think the wait will be well worth it but I was reading somewhere that the Note 8 will only be 5.7" I hope this is just speculation as I would like to see it just a tad bigger but more proportioned that the S8+. I want wider and not as tall!

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
I think according to this leak it is Q4 which is late considering due to Note7 fiasco there is no Note device on the market and it is not fair Samsung hasn't had any decency to take care of Note customers by at least releasing the phone at their regular schedule:

https://www.google.si/amp/m.gsmaren..._earlier_than_the_galaxy_note_8-amp-24285.php
"not fair"......"hasn't had the decency"....
WTF?? You need to leave the playground now!
Samsung certainly did the decent thing by me - buying back 2 devices AND reimbursement in full for around $200 worth of cases & screen protectors.
Thankyou Samsung, that's A LOT more than other high profile phone manufacturers have done in the past.
And as I've read in various places, I expect to be pre ordering Note 8 later this year.

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
"not fair"......"hasn't had the decency"....
WTF?? You need to leave the playground now!
Samsung certainly did the decent thing by me - buying back 2 devices AND reimbursement in full for around $200 worth of cases & screen protectors.
Thankyou Samsung, that's A LOT more than other high profile phone manufacturers have done in the past.
And as I've read in various places, I expect to be pre ordering Note 8 later this year.

Seriously, you commend them by doing what they are required to do by LAW?? Ok...

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, you commend them by doing what they are required to do by LAW?? Ok...

Come on, give it a break and let Samsung get the damned thing ready for us and done RIGHT? I'd rather WAIT and make sure I've got a great product this time than jump up and down and pull a tantrum because they're taking too long!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Come on, give it a break and let Samsung get the damned thing ready for us and done RIGHT? I'd rather WAIT and make sure I've got a great product this time than jump up and down and pull a tantrum because they're taking too long!
Exactly

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
No. In Australia only required to refund for original device. Not required at all to refund for any subsequent third party accessories. Samsung did BOTH without delay, without trying to evade the issue. In fact that was all offered to customers without us having to demand.(I had an iPhone 4 once. Remember "antennagate" - Apple said - you're holding the phone wrong! )
Thankyou Samsung.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781