05-25-2017 07:15 PM
65 123
tools
    I've had two note phones in the past, the 4 & the 5. As long as the 8 is the same width as those, i'm good.
    Your s7 and s8+ are both narrower and THIS is what we don't like. We don't want a phone in a shape of a remote control. We need the width to use the S pen, view media, internet, play games, you name it. Horizontal use is important to me.
    05-21-2017 11:16 AM
    Your s7 and s8+ are both narrower and THIS is what we don't like. We don't want a phone in a shape of a remote control. We need the width to use the S pen, view media, internet, play games, you name it. Horizontal use is important to me.

When i get the phone in my hand, then we'll see. If it fits ok in my palm, i'm good to go. The only guide that i can think of is the Nexus 6. Too wide, so i got the 6P.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    05-21-2017 12:06 PM
    Holding phones with one hand and operating them with one hand are two different things. If you have a Note with a wider body, why is it so hard to get used to holding it with 2 hands when doing certain tasks or holding it your left hand and using your right hard to click and swipe?
    Also, it's harder to hold a narrow phone and write with an S-pen.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    05-23-2017 07:07 AM
    Holding phones with one hand and operating them with one hand are two different things. If you have a Note with a wider body, why is it so hard to get used to holding it with 2 hands when doing certain tasks or holding it your left hand and using your right hard to click and swipe?
    Also, it's harder to hold a narrow phone and write with an S-pen.
    That's the one major difference that people who aren't real Note users don't take into consideration when thinking about the size. Rarely would I use a Note with one hand - even if I wasn't using the SPen. Like you Nakrohtap, I've always thought of my Notes as more of a small tablet I guess!
    LineKill and notefreak like this.
    05-23-2017 11:14 PM
    That's the one major difference that people who aren't real Note users don't take into consideration when thinking about the size. Rarely would I use a Note with one hand - even if I wasn't using the SPen. Like you Nakrohtap, I've always thought of my Notes as more of a small tablet I guess!
    I agree with both of you. But....when i am not using the Pen.....it would be nice to be able to do most functions one handed. I have the S8+ and love the phone. But i would really like the Note 8 to be just a little wider to be honest.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    05-24-2017 09:18 AM

I've had two Note phones, and i usually kept it in my left hand, while holding the stylus in my right, or just typing with my right hand. Does that make me a "real" Note user?
    jimd1050 likes this.
    05-24-2017 09:49 AM
    I've had two Note phones, and i usually kept it in my left hand, while holding the stylus in my right, or just typing with my right hand. Does that make me a "real" Note user?
    I type like this - super fast and typo free .
    Attached Thumbnails Things I would like to have in Note 8-screenshot_2017-05-24-19-21-24.jpg  
    05-24-2017 12:25 PM
    No offense to anyone, but at the High School that i attended, typing was a girl's class.
    05-24-2017 12:54 PM
    No offense to anyone, but at the High School that i attended, typing was a girl's class.
    Sexist much?
    05-24-2017 01:04 PM
    No, typing was a Commercial course for secretaries at N.Y.C high schools.
    05-24-2017 01:43 PM
    A small tablet is pretty much what it felt like a few years ago. Now, everything is trending bigger and narrower. Hopefully, they can bring back some of the width and keep the Note a different type of device from the S series.
    05-24-2017 09:39 PM
    I think I knew when I typed it that I shouldn't have! I wasn't trying to make it sound elitist in any way... just folks that use a Note as a Note more than a phone???
    05-24-2017 11:06 PM
    Can you make the screen smaller like on the Note 5?
    05-25-2017 06:51 AM
    Can you make the screen smaller like on the Note 5?
    Ya know... now that you mention it, the Note 5 was actually plenty of screen. Somehow, with today's "More, more, more" revolution, I doubt you'll see it though!
    jlost likes this.
    05-25-2017 04:59 PM
    Ya know... now that you mention it, the Note 5 was actually plenty of screen. Somehow, with today's "More, more, more" revolution, I doubt you'll see it though!
    What i mean is when you tap the home button 3 times for one handed mode?
    05-25-2017 07:15 PM
65 123