Tony_5600

May 2, 2017
Visit site
My wish list for Note 8 would be.....
-Smaller bezels than S8/S8+ without rounded corners
-6.4 inch 4K infinity display
-Gorilla Glass 6 with 6GB Ram
-A newer exynos processor
-Dual Camera each with OIS and larger aperture that enhances picture quality rather than adding gimmicks
-Dual front facing Harmon Kardon stereo speakers
-Fingerprint sensor embedded under display
-Improved S Pen features
-3750-4000 mAH battery
-Android O
- Standard 256GB internal storage

Although price would probably be $1000 or more if Samsung really does include all these specs.

Last edited:

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
My wish list for Note 8 would be.....
-Smaller bezels than S8/S8+ without rounded corners
-6.4 inch 4K infinity display
-Gorilla Glass 6
-A newer exynos processor
-Dual Camera that enhances picture quality rather than adding gimmicks
-Dual front facing Harmon Kardon stereo speakers
-Fingerprint sensor embedded under display
-Improved S Pen features
-3750-4000 mAH battery
-Android O

Although price would probably be $1000 or more if Samsung really does include all these specs.

That's probably the most realistic list I've seen yet... good job!

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
IR blaster!
Removable battery
Expandable memory
But apparently those are regressive thoughts on phones now.
Keep paring it back Samsung.
IPhone sales would be excited.
A smart phone without all the extras is just an iPhone.

M120

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
A battery that can compete with the Mate 9.

Other wants
- a screen ranging from 5.7 to 6.2 inches.

- A 4000 mah battery with fast charge.

- front facing speakers

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I've had two Note phones, the 4 & the 5. Went with the S7 Edge instead of the 7. I'm seeing a trend where each Note is getting bigger and bigger, and i don't like it. There's got to be a size limit on this phone, or we'll need a backpack to carry it around. Plus, if you add in a decent case for protection, say Otterbox, you'll need a third hand just to operate it. IMHO, 6" should be the size limit, and maybe a little thicker to allow for a better battery and other goodies under the hood.:p

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I've had two Note phones, the 4 & the 5. Went with the S7 Edge instead of the 7. I'm seeing a trend where each Note is getting bigger and bigger, and i don't like it. There's got to be a size limit on this phone, or we'll need a backpack to carry it around. Plus, if you add in a decent case for protection, say Otterbox, you'll need a third hand just to operate it. IMHO, 6" should be the size limit, and maybe a little thicker to allow for a better battery and other goodies under the hood.:p
I think it's just the opposite. The Note has been getting smaller since the Note 3. The screen size has been 5.7" since 2013. But, the size of the phone itself has been getting gradually smaller.
I think they need a good 6.4" screen or larger and just make it wider than the S8+, not any taller.
It's just a small tweak, but I want the option to customize the navigation buttons by changing the shapes and colors of the buttons, not the whole navigation bar.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I think it's just the opposite. The Note has been getting smaller since the Note 3. The screen size has been 5.7" since 2013. But, the size of the phone itself has been getting gradually smaller.
I think they need a good 6.4" screen or larger and just make it wider than the S8+, not any taller.
It's just a small tweak, but I want the option to customize the navigation buttons by changing the shapes and colors of the buttons, not the whole navigation bar.

OK, that might work for you, but i haven't got hands like a basketball player. Wider is definitely out for me.:p

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
OK, that might work for you, but i haven't got hands like a basketball player. Wider is definitely out for me.:p

I suppose if a Note phone has never worked for you, you should just go with the s8+. No point forcing yourself, is there? My girlfriend has small palms and has owned Note phones with no problems. Why should entire Note phone user base have to adapt to S series users or should be S series users.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I suppose if a Note phone has never worked for you, you should just go with the s8+. No point forcing yourself, is there? My girlfriend has small palms and has owned Note phones with no problems. Why should entire Note phone user base have to adapt to S series users or should be S series users.

I've had two note phones in the past, the 4 & the 5. As long as the 8 is the same width as those, i'm good.

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
I've had two note phones in the past, the 4 & the 5. As long as the 8 is the same width as those, i'm good.

Your s7 and s8+ are both narrower and THIS is what we don't like. We don't want a phone in a shape of a remote control. We need the width to use the S pen, view media, internet, play games, you name it. Horizontal use is important to me.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Your s7 and s8+ are both narrower and THIS is what we don't like. We don't want a phone in a shape of a remote control. We need the width to use the S pen, view media, internet, play games, you name it. Horizontal use is important to me.

When i get the phone in my hand, then we'll see. If it fits ok in my palm, i'm good to go. The only guide that i can think of is the Nexus 6. Too wide, so i got the 6P.:p

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Holding phones with one hand and operating them with one hand are two different things. If you have a Note with a wider body, why is it so hard to get used to holding it with 2 hands when doing certain tasks or holding it your left hand and using your right hard to click and swipe?
Also, it's harder to hold a narrow phone and write with an S-pen.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Holding phones with one hand and operating them with one hand are two different things. If you have a Note with a wider body, why is it so hard to get used to holding it with 2 hands when doing certain tasks or holding it your left hand and using your right hard to click and swipe?
Also, it's harder to hold a narrow phone and write with an S-pen.

That's the one major difference that people who aren't real Note users don't take into consideration when thinking about the size. Rarely would I use a Note with one hand - even if I wasn't using the SPen. Like you Nakrohtap, I've always thought of my Notes as more of a small tablet I guess!

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
That's the one major difference that people who aren't real Note users don't take into consideration when thinking about the size. Rarely would I use a Note with one hand - even if I wasn't using the SPen. Like you Nakrohtap, I've always thought of my Notes as more of a small tablet I guess!

I agree with both of you. But....when i am not using the Pen.....it would be nice to be able to do most functions one handed. I have the S8+ and love the phone. But i would really like the Note 8 to be just a little wider to be honest.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

I've had two Note phones, and i usually kept it in my left hand, while holding the stylus in my right, or just typing with my right hand. Does that make me a "real" Note user?:p

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
I've had two Note phones, and i usually kept it in my left hand, while holding the stylus in my right, or just typing with my right hand. Does that make me a "real" Note user?:p

I type like this - super fast and typo free :).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-24-19-21-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-05-24-19-21-24.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 15