Former note 7 owners?

Josh Sadorra

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Should I even expect them to do anything about a possible upgrade to the note 8? I mean, the s7e is a good phone but it's definitely not what I originally wanted.

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Did they release the program though? I haven't heard anything else about it. I also wrote to Samsung and asked if they would do anything and they said exactly what everyone else said, they gave us some money and we got to keep our free stuff. I really wish they would let us trade in our S7E's for Note 8's, I mean, we got these phones because there wasn't anything else out worth anything........

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Did they release the program though? I haven't heard anything else about it. I also wrote to Samsung and asked if they would do anything and they said exactly what everyone else said, they gave us some money and we got to keep our free stuff. I really wish they would let us trade in our S7E's for Note 8's, I mean, we got these phones because there wasn't anything else out worth anything........

Meanwhile s series users get to enjoy a new phone while we are still stuck with nothing.

Keep Barking - you're both just going to get hoarse for nothing! They are never going to do anything for us and it's been clear for a long time. Just buy the Note 8 when it comes out and like the rest of us, admit we all learned a valuable lesson from Samsung! :(

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
Keep Barking - you're both just going to get hoarse for nothing! They are never going to do anything for us and it's been clear for a long time. Just buy the Note 8 when it comes out and like the rest of us, admit we all learned a valuable lesson from Samsung! :(

We did? Which is what, not to preorder and wait a few months to see if the new gadget is explosion free? :D I got over the fact that we are not getting anything, I just want the N8 soon.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Meanwhile s series users get to enjoy a new phone while we are still stuck with nothing.
If you were locked into some program where you could only get Notes as in an annual upgrade, I could possibly see your point.
However, there are no explicit S users and Note users. You have the opportunity to buy an S8 or S8+. You don't have to be stuck with whatever phone you're using.
I was a Note use explicitly since the Note 3. Then, the recall happened and we needed to change course. Stuff happens. I hope to be back using only Notes again later this year.

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
If you were locked into some program where you could only get Notes as in an annual upgrade, I could possibly see your point.
However, there are no explicit S users and Note users. You have the opportunity to buy an S8 or S8+. You don't have to be stuck with whatever phone you're using.
I was a Note use explicitly since the Note 3. Then, the recall happened and we needed to change course. Stuff happens. I hope to be back using only Notes again later this year.

I disagree. There are Note users vs. S series users. That is why Samsung makes both series. The poll posted in this forum proves it too, many people are waiting for Note8. The big differenciating factor here is the S pen. I use it all the time and want to keep using it. I need it both for work and privately, It is hard to use on my Note4's cracked screen and I don't want to buy a dated phone.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
My point was just that the phone is released yearly. There is no rule saying that if you are a Note user you can't buy an S8. I consider myself a Note user as well. I realized a Note8 release would not be pushed up. I am biding my time with the S8 in the meantime.

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
My point was just that the phone is released yearly. There is no rule saying that if you are a Note user you can't buy an S8. I consider myself a Note user as well. I realized a Note8 release would not be pushed up. I am biding my time with the S8 in the meantime.

Good for you but some of us can't buy a new phone every 6 months. So I don't understand what yiu are trying to say here.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
@notefreak I truly understand where you are coming from. I cannot afford to buy both, so I also have to wait for the Note. The S-Pen is something I use a lot, not everyone does, but I do.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Good for you but some of us can't buy a new phone every 6 months. So I don't understand what yiu are trying to say here.
Good for Samsung. They have made a device that, for you, there is no substitute for. So, you will wait, and you will buy it. But, Samsung did not screw you on purpose. The Note 7 story was embarrassing and expensive for Samsung. Good that they are not abandoning the Note line - just regrouping and putting out something better (presumably). What more do you want?

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I might wait for the Note announcement to see what it brings, and still somewhat hoping on a Note 7 user discount. Also gives me a chance to get my upgrade price way down in hopes of closing one line and opening a new one for BOGO.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I've got the spare $$$ to buy an S8+ and play until the Note 8 arrives then sell it and buy the Note 8... but my S7 Active is working and I'm 'content' so that's where I'll stay. I have very little desire, even after putting the S8+ in my hands the other day, of going that route, so again - I will "Wait for the Note 8"! :cool:

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I've got the spare $$$ to buy an S8+ and play until the Note 8 arrives then sell it and buy the Note 8... but my S7 Active is working and I'm 'content' so that's where I'll stay. I have very little desire, even after putting the S8+ in my hands the other day, of going that route, so again - I will "Wait for the Note 8"! :cool:

I'm with you on this one, I could buy the S8+, but I really am not a fan of the S line, I mean I have an S7E by default, but if I could've done it, I would have taken the Note 5 I gave my wife, I would've given her the S7, but she said hell no!!!! This S7E is a good phone, but I just really miss my S-Pen.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Definitely waiting. Been a Note phone user since the N3, had the Note 10.1 tablet first and loved the S-Pen, which is what convinced me to switch from Blackberry after many years. I have lots of issues with touch screens - mainly due to thyroid issues the skin on my fingertips is dry & cracked. Also could never use any of the fingerprint scanners for the same reason - just would not work, so the iris scanner on the glorious N7 was great for me.

(Almost couldn't be my 82 yr old Dad's medical marijuana caregiver because of this. You need to have a fingerprint background check run to be approved. Only four of my prints would digitally scan. Was first told that I wouldn't qualify because of this. They guy had to put tons of lotion and many pounds of weight on my fingers to get two more to scan. I guess six fingers was the magic number, lol!)

I not only use the pen with S Note (have hundreds of Action Memos and S Notes accumulated over the years), but even to scroll web pages, dial, copy/paste, most everything you would use your fingers for.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
My point is you can buy what you want. If you are strictly a Note user, what are you using now? If you limit yourself to only one phone, that's your prerogative. There are tons of financing and lease options out there, even through Samsung. So, not sure why you feel stuck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nephalem42