Note 8 with 6GB of RAM

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
If a Note 8 with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal memory was available during pre-order would you buy it? It will be a bit more expensive of course, but do you think it would be worth the price of admission? For somewhat of a comparison the S8+ with 6GB of RAM is roughly selling for $1,020.00, but they are throwing in a free DeX. Would it be nice to have it as an available option from the very beginning? Do you think the Note 8 will come with 6GB of RAM as the base model to begin with? Would you rather have a lower cost 4GB base model as an option? What are your thoughts?

The S8+ with 6GB of RAM is so popular that they are running into supply issues.

https://www.sammobile.com/2017/04/20/galaxy-s8-with-6gb-of-ram-reportedly-facing-supply-issues/

Last edited:

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
Hopefully these supply issues will make Samsung realise it is time to move on to 6GB. Not for a bigger price, it should become the norm.

anon(10206632)

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
NO need for 128gb internal since I have top of the line 128gb micro SD in my S7 edge. I think 6gb will be standard on Note 8. At least, I think it should :)

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
If a Note 8 with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal memory was available during pre-order would you buy it?

Do you think the Note 8 will come with 6GB of RAM as the base model to begin with?

Would you rather have a lower cost 4GB base model as an option? What are your thoughts?

1) I'm happy with my current device but if I was looking for an upgrade, it would be a no-brainer to pre-order :)

2) Yes, I do think it will come with 6GB, this is just another feature to make Note users feel like the extra price is justified and it will definitely help keep it running super smooth.

3) I currently use about 2GB ram for my daily use so to me, 4GB is already more than enough. I would definitely sacrifice some RAM for more storage space. While you can get super fast MicroSD cards. Internal storage will always win. :)

Can't wait to see the reviews. Samsung really need to nail this one to help everyone forget about... boom?

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
1) I'm happy with my current device but if I was looking for an upgrade, it would be a no-brainer to pre-order :)

2) Yes, I do think it will come with 6GB, this is just another feature to make Note users feel like the extra price is justified and it will definitely help keep it running super smooth.

3) I currently use about 2GB ram for my daily use so to me, 4GB is already more than enough. I would definitely sacrifice some RAM for more storage space. While you can get super fast MicroSD cards. Internal storage will always win. :)

Can't wait to see the reviews. Samsung really need to nail this one to help everyone forget about... boom?

Here, here!!!

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
NO need for 128gb internal since I have top of the line 128gb micro SD in my S7 edge. I think 6gb will be standard on Note 8. At least, I think it should :)
I install a lot of apps so 128GB would be great. You can't install apps to the micro SD card. With 128GB, I might actually be able to install some games too.

Brian Embry

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Since for some reason I torch SD cards even high end SanDisk. The higher the internal storage for me the better. I take a large amount of pictures. 6gigs of ram would also be great. My last Note was the Note II. I now have a Nexus 6 so big phones don't bother me. Looking forward to the next Note.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
You're sure? We've been waiting for 6GB for awhile now. Probably won't make much difference until Samsung figures out Ram management. Unless it's gotten better since the Note 4, it's terrible.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
If a Note 8 with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal memory was available during pre-order would you buy it? It will be a bit more expensive of course, but do you think it would be worth the price of admission? For somewhat of a comparison the S8+ with 6GB of RAM is roughly selling for $1,020.00, but they are throwing in a free DeX. Would it be nice to have it as an available option from the very beginning? Do you think the Note 8 will come with 6GB of RAM as the base model to begin with? Would you rather have a lower cost 4GB base model as an option? What are your thoughts?

The S8+ with 6GB of RAM is so popular that they are running into supply issues.

https://www.sammobile.com/2017/04/20/galaxy-s8-with-6gb-of-ram-reportedly-facing-supply-issues/

6gb of Ram and 128gb of storage...where have I heard this before? Oh! Before the Note 7 came out...let's not hold our breath. It would be stupid awesome but let's not hold them to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC