Just used Samsung pay

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Not many people use phone to pay in my country yet. I'm always afraid that Samsung Pay dun go through and people will stare at me weirdly for trying to pay with a phone :p

Chocu1a

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Used Samsung Pay at my local Pizza Hut tonight. The clerk was shocked that it worked. She had never seen it in action. I told her it only worked with Samsung, since it was an older magnetic strip machine Blew her mind.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I did encounter a few swipe terminals that would not detect Samsung Pay at all.

In those cases, ask the cashier to push "credit card" on her screen first, then try Samsung Pay. My Taco Johns restaurant has to do this and it works perfectly.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
Love Samsung pay! I don't even remember the last time I used plastic. Points are stacking up!

Attachments

• 1175.jpg
    1175.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 236

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I actually felt sneaky using my phone to pay. I didn't want to look like a dummy if it didn't work. So, when it did I had a shocked look on my face as well as the girl behind the counter

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I actually felt sneaky using my phone to pay. I didn't want to look like a dummy if it didn't work. So, when it did I had a shocked look on my face as well as the girl behind the counter
It's entertaining when you use it and the cashier is surprised

neo999

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried using Samsung Pay at gas pumps where you have to insert your card and quickly remove it?

Kendahl Titcomb

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone tried using Samsung Pay at gas pumps where you have to insert your card and quickly remove it?

No it will not work at gas pumps because they usually use a mechanical card reader which is different. The gas pump card readers require a physical press and release before the card is read. This is why you have to press in then remove. I've tried a few of the NFC pay options and those also struggle to work with Samsung Pay

neo999

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
No it will not work at gas pumps because they usually use a mechanical card reader which is different. The gas pump card readers require a physical press and release before the card is read. This is why you have to press in then remove. I've tried a few of the NFC pay options and those also struggle to work with Samsung Pay
Good to know thanks. Guess I'll stick with speedpass using Samsung Pay.

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
This is why I enjoy this forum it is so informative. I never thought about pay-at-the-pump that would be terrific, but alas

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20