Note and S line plus sized model to be merged!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I take it as a rumor for now.

I do to, but I remember in the past on here saying I wouldn't be shocked if they combined it and just made one large flagship phone. You will have the s11 and a slightly larger s11 I guess. Sorta like the s7 and s7 edge were.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I do to, but I remember in the past on here saying I wouldn't be shocked if they combined it and just made one large flagship phone. You will have the s11 and a slightly larger s11 I guess. Sorta like the s7 and s7 edge were.

Yeah. Way I see it is as long as they don't take the note away I don't care what they do. Merge away. Lol.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Will wait and see I guess. As long as I get a "Note" device I don't care what it's called. Just don't take away my Spen.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_is...alaxy_s_line_with_the_note_one-news-32332.php

This news report based on sources from Korea say they don't expect the Note line to exist anymore after this and the S+ line will replace the Note to carry the S Pen. Different from what this guy is saying. This is more likely so that they keep the 3 S variants market model they will be releasing next year. This will also save more money since they'll not have to think of some way to try and oneup the S series anymore with the Note line.

This makes more sense than having an S line in the first half of the year then a Note line in the second half, because as we have seen in previous years, the lines between the S and Notes are blurring, and it will be more cost effective to stop making Notes all together and just slap the S Pen onto the S+.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
It will probably be 3 versions of the S
Basic smaller S model.
S+ larger version.
S Note version.
Basically a tiny bit of rebranding and nothing else

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_is...alaxy_s_line_with_the_note_one-news-32332.php

This news report based on sources from Korea say they don't expect the Note line to exist anymore after this and the S+ line will replace the Note to carry the S Pen. Different from what this guy is saying. This is more likely so that they keep the 3 S variants market model they will be releasing next year. This will also save more money since they'll not have to think of some way to try and oneup the S series anymore with the Note line.

This makes more sense than having an S line in the first half of the year then a Note line in the second half, because as we have seen in previous years, the lines between the S and Notes are blurring, and it will be more cost effective to stop making Notes all together and just slap the S Pen onto the S+.

Yup might as well.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Maybe they should just make the Note, one with the S pen, the other without. As many buy the Note, and hardly ever use the S pen anyway.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
It makes sense, with how similar the + and the note line have become (outside of the s pen). Streamline their product portfolio and take it back to how it used to be (1 s line model, and 1 note model).

Lars Peter

Jul 18, 2018
Visit site
Back when the first Note phone was made there were two main differences from a normal smartphone:
1) The S Pen.
2) The big size.
Because of the big size it was a little tablet and the term "phablet" was invented. Phablet = phone + tablet.
Since then smartphones have increased in size and the big phones have more or less turned into being phablets without S pens.
Does it make sense that an S+ phone and a Note could merge and become an "S Note"? Well, if you really think about it that would be no merge, it would actually just be a continuation of the Note line and a discontinuation of the Plus line.

So the question is probably just how many lines will be continued?

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
This is what happens when companies try and put the same phone out every year. go back to 2 years per new model . problem solved

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
This is what happens when companies try and put the same phone out every year. go back to 2 years per new model . problem solved
I bet their shareholders would love to hear that strategy.
People can't expect huge changes every year. Most people still only upgrade every other year. I'm sure Samsung's expectations can't be as high this year as opposed to 2017. 2019 will clearly be a huge year for sales. As long as everyone's expectations are are in check, I don't see the issue.
Apple has put out essentially the same phone for the past 5 years. People still buy them, though. Auto makers do the same thing. The problem is the consumer "thinks" they need a new phone once or twice a year year and they don't. If they continued to update the OS on older models, they would lose more sales.
My situation is I'm on JOD. Why wouldn't I want the newest phone if I'm basically paying the same amount per month. With JOD changing to having more money down, people might get back to the 18-24 month upgrade cycle, before JOD started.

Lars Peter

Jul 18, 2018
Visit site
...snipped... Most people still only upgrade every other year...snipped...
Every other year for most people? That is an incredibly short time. I would believe that a lot of peple would keep there phones much longer, but maybe that isn't the case?

Personally I expect a phone to last for many years. They are very expensive and not something you would want to spend money on that often. Anyway I am still using my Galaxy Note 2 on which I wrote this reply. This year is likely to be the time for a new phone which will probably be either Note 8 or 9.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Every other year for most people? That is an incredibly short time. I would believe that a lot of peple would keep there phones much longer, but maybe that isn't the case?

Personally I expect a phone to last for many years. They are very expensive and not something you would want to spend money on that often. Anyway I am still using my Galaxy Note 2 on which I wrote this reply. This year is likely to be the time for a new phone which will probably be either Note 8 or 9.
I agree. I look at what most people are using and it's typically at least two years old. I see a lot of iPhone 7 or older and I see a lot of Galaxy S7 and older.

So are you still using the Note 2 as your daily device? That was my first Note and while I really liked it and it hooked me to the Note line, I have really enjoyed the improvements since then.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

It will be interesting to see the two lines merged in this way. I will keep my eyes and ears peeled! It's still a rumour at this point, but you never know!

Lars Peter

Jul 18, 2018
Visit site
@cwbcpa
Yes I am still using Note 2. I like it and I believe I will like a new model when I get around to it, which will probably happen after the Note 9 is released. I don't want to buy the 8 just before the release of 9, so I will wait and see how the 9 turns out and take it from there.