Excited for the Note Edge.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
During the announcement I was so excited about the Note 4 and then they announced the Edge and now I don't know which one I want. The Note Edge is very interesting but I have concerns about how it will look and feel in person. I'm also concerned about false inputs from my hand on the second screen while holding it. Do you like the Edge's design or will you get the Note 4 instead?

anon(558804)

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
The Edge is interesting. Initial excitement is often tempered by more detailed reviews. I want to handle both before I make a decision.

Posted via Android Central App

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm torn. On the one hand it's gimmicky and I can see the allure wearing off in a few weeks. On the other hands by the time the wizards over at xda start hacking away at the SDK I can't even imagine what they'll come up with that could make it very very cool.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I already put this one on my watch list. It is a device that will turn heads. Now last to see will be the new Nexus, Moto's, and Apples creation.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm leaning toward the Edge at the moment but I need to see it and touch it to affirm my decision.
Also will depend on the price difference from the Note 4. If it's priced substantially more I may pass on it.

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm torn. On the one hand it's gimmicky and I can see the allure wearing off in a few weeks. On the other hands by the time the wizards over at xda start hacking away at the SDK I can't even imagine what they'll come up with that could make it very very cool.

Why would you need a note 4 if you are going to flash anyway?

Posted by my G3 or my 1+

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
One reviewer complained about false inputs with his holding hand because the screen wraps around enough to leave little non screen area to hold.
If that's a problem, a thicker extended battery and caseback should help, I would imagine.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Why would you need a note 4 if you are going to flash anyway?

Posted by my G3 or my 1+
I'm not going to flash it. I used to do that back on the nexus and became too consumed. Must have clean installed more than 200 roms every time there was an update. Had to break the addiction.

However the xda folks produce more than roms. I'm using notific now which is a great notification app, as well as some other goodies. All I'm saying is they'll probably make some great apps for that side bar that does not require root or flashing.

SteveIowa

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I still hear no one talking up it's flexible display technology, if it truly is plastic, and not curved glass. I have to imagine it is plastic, but I do work with curved glass everyday. I think that if Samsung would talk about this more, and how dropping it now would not result in a cracked or broken screen, it may fly off of the shelves for that reason alone.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
During the announcement I was so excited about the Note 4 and then they announced the Edge and now I don't know which one I want. The Note Edge is very interesting but I have concerns about how it will look and feel in person. I'm also concerned about false inputs from my hand on the second screen while holding it.

Ditto everything. I was thinking Note 4, then I saw Edge videos. Hmmm. I would like to try one first.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I made a decision. I'm holding out. It's just too gimmicky. I'd like to see an edge 2 first. See how it goes year 1. I'd also like to see edges on both sides. I'm a symmetrical kind of gadget guy.

red.foxx15

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I was 100% Note 4 till I saw the edge. I thought it was incredibly intriguing. Shortly after i thought it was gimmicky. Shortly after that i watched the AC hands on and I went back to wanting it again. I'm definitely going to have to have both these devices in my hand to make a decision. This is unfortunate as i was hoping to pre-order the Note 4

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Ditto everything. I was thinking Note 4, then I saw Edge videos. Hmmm. I would like to try one first.

Same man. I keep going back and forth between the two. I don't like how I can't use the edge with gear vr. Makes me think they are uncertain of its future or something.

pcdebb

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Note 3 a few weeks ago. But then again that means absolutely nothing with the way i'm always switching phones lol. I have to hold this one in my hands before the gadget geek in me makes a move.