Thoughts on Note Edge?

johnmltb33

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
At first I didn't think it was practical, worried about the cases and possible damage, etc. After watching the few videos available, and figuring someone will have a case with a clear side for it, if I were ready to change from my Note 3, I would definitely get the Edge. The possibilities for its usage are numerous (now if developers will embrace it)! I'm going to hold off though-- maybe the Note 5 next year.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You are pretty much right in line with my thinking. Case makers *will* find a way to make it work I have no doubt. Thanks.

MilnerR

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm left handed which pretty much rules me out for the Edge, unless I want to be pressing the curved screen with my hand all the time.

The Note 4 is the way forward

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I'd get it if I could afford to upgrade right now. But since I buy my phones at full price and my Note 3 is still pretty new, I'm not going to. I like the Edge and think that edge screen would be very useful. And I wish people would learn the meaning of the word gimmick so that they would stop using it incorrectly, like in this case.

GoProDavidLe

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm left handed as well so I don't know how well the Edge is going to work out for me. Left handers will just have to wait until we can actually get a feel for the phone when it hits the stores. Other than that concern, it looks great and I'm sure it'll be a great operating device. I'm looking forward to the Edge and Note 4 and will be making my decision when I can get a feel for both of them.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Ah. You guys have got around to the lefties thing. Me also.
I was thinking it shouldn't matter which way you grip it. Right handers would have the edge being pressed by their palm, left handers would be pressing their fingertips there, though with an open hand in use so in one way it's a lefties phone.
I do type with my left though. Hang on, I got that wrong, I would be holding it in my right and pressing the edge with my palm. We'll have to wait the reviews.

Anyway, the point I was gonna make is they would need to make that area switchable to a non touch mode.
I would also like to see apps that would use it as a ticker tape style display of news, texts, email reader etc. You could then lay it down or attach it to a car in interesting places.

Ultimately, if it has better signal quality and wifi etc it could be for me. I will be waiting until December anyway.

(I do really like the metal side frame of the Note 4 too.)

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I like the edge but I want to try the Note 4 and its metal frame, also I wonder if the edge would have looked better on the top or bottom of the phone, or both. I didn't even think of the lefty issue...

My other issue with both devices why aren't they water-resistant? Is it due to the metal frame? the S-Pen? Anyone have any insight on that?

pcdebb

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Just looks wierd to me. Havent taken the time to look at vids. Need to hold one first.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't really need a curved display, I want a foldable display, now that's revolutionary.

Posted via the Android Central App

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I like the edge but I want to try the Note 4 and its metal frame, also I wonder if the edge would have looked better on the top or bottom of the phone, or both. I didn't even think of the lefty issue...

My other issue with both devices why aren't they water-resistant? Is it due to the metal frame? the S-Pen? Anyone have any insight on that?
Top is an idea that I didn't think of it either. However there would be less room on the top or bottom for that matter then there is along the sides.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze