Verizon release date

billy54554

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
It's 1225am in the southeast. I just ordered it online. Didn't want to take a chance of it being sold out at local store. It took 8 minutes. Used Edge plan. No white ones online. Free overnight shipping.

Posted via the Android Central App

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Verizon sent out the Note Edge email today, but they messed up the subject line and call it Note 4.

"The Samsung Galaxy Note® 4 is available at Verizon Wireless."

Stigasteve23

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Verizon sent out the Note Edge email today, but they messed up the subject line and call it Note 4.

"The Samsung Galaxy Note® 4 is available at Verizon Wireless."

Yea I noticed that too. Verizon really dropped the ball on this one lol, but I'll be happy as long as I get one when I get outta work today!

Posted via the Android Central App

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I just got back from Verizon. Got mine plus 3 accessories which prompted a discount.

The Edge has a bit of a learning curve. But so far so good.

As I said there was no line and no other person was waiting to get one. I was the first in the store.

These expensive phones don't get a stampede.

Also the case that I wanted (shell case with kickstand) was on back order so I got the Incipio for now, which I do not like, it's way too bulky.

kevkavalier

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine a half hour ago at my Verizon store. That Incipio case is $35 and with the car cord and screen protectors all for $50, still a deal! Sure is a purty phone, isn't it? I was going to wait for S6 version or Note 5 but with Samsung trying to shove Tizen on its products for 2015, then maybe NOW is the time to still get Android.

OMG! I just posted this and my Note 3 just asked to do a system update! NJ6 to NK1

Last edited:

dutchbrown

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Got mine today about 1130, I was the 3rd one to get one and they "only had a few left" (Twin Cities by Northtown Mall). The first girl I talked to couldn't find them, pushed her to ask someone else and they were put in with the Note 4's. No demos out.

Love the phone! I switched from my Note 2 (Tmobile) to Verizon and bought a G3 just to try (thirdhand) while I waited. VERY glad to be back to Samsung and Note series!

Insurance through Verizon was really expensive, $9-11/mo which is about 20-25% of the total price! plus $200 deductable. Did not get it, hope I don't regret that but that's way too steep. At that price should be $0 deductible and they should call me every few weeks to make sure I'm happy with everything, maybe offer me a hot towel lol

Only issue I have thus far is I am going to have to be more careful with it, with that "edge" unprotected and the screen more accessible it's going to be easier to break the screen. Haven't bought a screen protector last few phones with the Gorilla glass but I am with this one.

I also got the silver Incipio case, it's ok but not great, too slick. Going to return it once my other one (Verus Thor) arrives via Amazon. What I really want is a Seidio Surface case with kickstand, but they don't have any of those yet so I'll deal.

I did enable the NOVA launcher right away and thus far no issues, the edge works fine with it.
Wish I could flip the notification texts the other way so I could place it on the table with edge facing me and read any notifications. Minor annoyance and I knew that going in. Hopefully someone comes up with an app to fix that. :)

All in all no buyers remorse after 5 hours of heavy use lol If you want one from the stores though may be hit or miss if they have them.

Wydz

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Figures right when I get the Note 4, Verizon starts carrying the Edge, but I don't see a big enough reason to return the 4 for the Edge

Plus I dropped my 4 last night twice and both drops would've destroyed the Edge display.

Enjoy your new phones guys :)

KingJay708

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
To those with the Verizon edge, please tell me that this device does simultaneous voice and data? Someone posted a tread saying their Verizon edge does not.

If so, major killer for me on such an expensive device.

LordTrouble

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I got my Edge today. What a major learning curve over my Note 2. But, I think I'm going to enjoy it. Got it from a store in Casper, WY and there were at least 3 others getting it and they only had 11 to sell.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I am getting really used to it.

My screen protector is peeling off already (installed by the store, anyone else?). Going back to the store in a few minutes to resolve it.

Other than that, it's so far a stellar device.

Last edited: