Verizon release date

KingJay708

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't switch carriers over a device. Its not that seriou really. I think the edge is on the verge of something major. Everyone I know who has seen the phone wants it. My wife is not a phone junkie, nor into electronic and even she wants it. A lot blogs that once ccriticized this device has changed positions to a more positive outlook of the phone. So I'm sure going forward Samsung will introduce more edge type devices. Therefore switching carriers for a device that will probably become mainstream eventually is baffling.

People are just impatient and lose sight of what's important and what's not. The inability to separate a need from a want. At the end of the day it's just a phone, though very cool, but does nothing differently from my old HTC one.

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Switching carriers over a phone is something I could never do, but hey, to each one's own. The Edge is cool and all, but not cool enough for me to go and switch. Devices these days are cool and "hot" for a good 6 months until the next big thing drops so for me, it doesn't hold enough weight to switch carriers. Especially since this Edge is the "trial" version and I'm sure the next one that drops next year will be more mainstream, ten times better, and more widely distributed. But hey, again, to each one's own.

Posted via the Android Central App

KingJay708

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I agree. Like u say, something "hot" is released every 6 months. I could understand if a phone is released once every 2 or 3 years. But it's just not worth. And once it become more of a common device the price will drop as well

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
guys, people have the right to leave the most expensive carrier for ones that are cheaper, plus a $150 credit. keep in mind that VZW is always the last with new phones and brands like AT&T are first. So, I don't blame them at all for changing carriers.

I have been with VZW since the early days, going on 15 years and there are perks associated with that, if something goes wrong (and I have already cashed in on it once). So I have no intention of changing carriers, but I can totally relate when people do so.

But frankly I don't believe that the coverage muscle of VZW can yet to be topped, even though the 4G speeds in LA suck, as they did in NYC.

KingJay708

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Switching carriers for a cheaper price is understandable. But switching carriers because a phone wasn't released on time is something different entirely. And price has nothing to do with this since at&t have the same price plans.

Personally, coverage is more important. I want to be able to travel and get good service. But hey, it's a free country and ppl have a right to do what they want.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I agree. Like u say, something "hot" is released every 6 months. I could understand if a phone is released once every 2 or 3 years. But it's just not worth. And once it become more of a common device the price will drop as well

The problem with being a Verizon customer is that you do not get the hot phones as soon as they are released. So if you are a phone junkie and like to have the latest and greatest then you will get it last as a Verizon customer. In the case of the Note Edge the Verizon customer does not know when it will be released. The phone has been released on the other carriers for over a month. The Edge is limited edition phone, and ATT is out of stock, but there a few on Ebay for off-contract price. Now is the time for a Verizon customer who wants to switch to negotiate a cheaper price with another carrier and have the phone they want. I buy my phones off contract so I can go where every I want.

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
No matter what Verizon does, no one will ever be happy honestly. Me, personally, I love the coverage, I love my constant strong signal and I love the devices. They came out on time with the s5, the G3, the iPhone, and yea a week later with the Note 4, but hey, it was worth the wait. A few months from now, the S6 is dropping followed by the G4, the next Turbo, the Note 5... making the switch to another carrier based on plan? Yea, definitely fit, but making a switch based on the little side panel on the Edge just so I can walk around trying to win popularity contests? Nah. its a cool looking device and I would get it if it were available, but its not life or death if I dont have it. Some people have justified reasons, but from other reasons I see, it is just to have the latest and great until a few months from now when the next greatest drops. Cellular technology will drive people mad lol

KingJay708

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
The problem with being a Verizon customer is that you do not get the hot phones as soon as they are released. So if you are a phone junkie and like to have the latest and greatest then you will get it last as a Verizon customer. In the case of the Note Edge the Verizon customer does not know when it will be released. The phone has been released on the other carriers for over a month. The Edge is limited edition phone, and ATT is out of stock, but there a few on Ebay for off-contract price. Now is the time for a Verizon customer who wants to switch to negotiate a cheaper price with another carrier and have the phone they want. I buy my phones off contract so I can go where every I want.

But here's the thing, there is really no latest and greatest device. Ppl tend to think that, and the fall into the trap of that mindset. But the reality is that every device that is released is destined to be outdated much sooner than later. So is it really worth it to switch carriers on a device that will get enhanced and upgraded by upcoming and unforseen devices?

For what's it worth, the design of the upcoming S6 could completely blow away the edge. That phone could be an all metal double edge that kills the note edge. This is why u don't switch carriers. The technology is forever changing. So in theory, can it be argued that some is switching carriers for an already out dated device ? Who knows what's sitting in Samsung's labs right now.

I once admired my HTC one and thought it was the best looking phone I ever seen. My contract is still a year aways from expiration and the phone is already a joke compared to the current heavy hitters. Verizon was slow with the one. So what if I switched to at & t for the HTC one. I would look somewhat silly now considering how the htc one compares now to other top phones.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Double Edge S6 and Note 5 could be a reality. And boy will it drive some people crazy as it will require new form orientation.

But I have to add that my Note 2 still stands out. Specially to the non tech savvy. And my 4G 12.2 Note tablet (10 months old and still unique) gets even the most brainwashed Apple slaves wet. Some gadgets have a longer hotness shelf life.

Last edited:

LordTrouble

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
The phone is just a symptom of the real problem. All you saying you wouldn't leave because of a device would leave in an instant if they refused to release any type of new phone for several months after its release. There isn't a difference. IF they will do it for one what would keep them from doing it with all the others?

jwlehman1

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Late hardware releases aren't the only reason I'm switching...always being the last to release OS updates is another. I have no carrier loyalty. If a carrier gave me a reason, I'd stick around. Verizon does not have substantially better coverage in my area.

Disneymedic

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
All of these replys are great but we are getting away from the issue. None of us want to leave Verizon, however Verizon can not just make an honest statement on what the issue is?? I mean really all we want to know is 1. is Verizon going to release the dam phone. 2. If yes, then when, and if there is an issue with the phone that they are working on just tell us. If they would just talk to their customers with honest info we would all be patient and wait. However, no communication at al or a canned "we don't have any info" response when we call is just disrespectful to loyal Customers. I have been to the ATT store multiple times to play with the Edge and I love it. Just tell me what the game plan is so I can make a choice. There is no excuse why Verizon can not make a formal statement on a Dam phone.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
One day the Verizon customer might experience the Note Edge, but until then here's a little something for you.:D :p

Galaxy-Note-Edge-Revolving-UX-Demo.gif

Galaxy-Note-Edge-Night-Clock-Demo.gif

Galaxy-Note-Edge-Quick-Tools-Demo.gif

Galaxy-Note-Edge-Edge-Screen-Settings-Demo.gif

Galaxy-Note-Edge-Flip-Wallet-Demo.gif

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't buy the line that VZW is fixing or correcting issues with the Edge before release. That makes no sense. The phone has been released by the other carriers without any known issues.

It's possible that VZW just doesn't want to deal with such a small and limited release knowing what's to come from Samsung soon.

Apparently (from online rumors) Samsung is going to announce the S6 Edge phone as early as Jan at CES. The S5 has been such a flop (and the iPhone 6 such a hit) that they are now forced to rethink the game plan.

It's obvious that the same old looking phones don't cut it anymore. S3, looking S4, looking like S5. I mean come on!!! Also the same with Note, only a true techy can distinguish my Note 2 from Note 4 with case on it.

We aren't Apple zombies who will buy whatever the mighty cult leadership throw at us and people are getting tired of the same phone form factor, or so the diving sales numbers at Samsung show. The Edge concept or variations thereof could be the new norm from Samsung to help keep their mobile dept from falling even lower in the pits. Also, Samsung has serious charisma issue, no real marketing chops anymore and that's a shame. Lexus went down the same hellish path and lost so much sales to the Germans. Samsung finally releases metal chassis but they paint it... Duh... They really don't get it! And I am not bashing Samsung, it's just that they have lost so much mobile volume that it would be hard for them to regain at this rather lax marketing pace.

So, maybe VZW knows something we don't know. They obviously want to sell the mainstay Note 4 and they have plenty of them around, but the current Edge, maybe, as many have said more of an experiment to test the waters before they unleash a whole Edge segment of phones very soon.

Last edited:

Disneymedic

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I was doing a search and reading other folks frustration on twitter and other sites. I found this, that some posted on twitter. Thought it was interesting. fingers crossed.

B5veQm6IIAAKUBR.jpg

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
sorry, when was the last time you saw a letter-sized (8.5X11") and Kinkos binded user manual for consumers?

If it's meant for their CS, why doesn't it say so. Looks fake. :)

SSNoteLover

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I posted on their Facebook page tonight, and they sent me a lame 'thanks for being a loyal Verizon customer' reply with the link to the Verizon Wireless page that you can enter your email address to be notified. Like I didn't do THAT as soon as it was available...

Double Ditto! Wrote to them & OF COURSE I already signed up to be notified!
FYI...for any of you that might still be stuck with the Note 2, if you have problems backing up your phone to a PC (detecting the phone like an external HD) the problem is with the Stock Samsung Cable. My head about exploded after 2 years of problems and time spent on the phone with Verizon and Samsung support. Picked up a cheap cable from Bestbuy: Problem Solved! Now, I want my Note EDGE & I want it in White (like they first advertised it as an option)!!! Come on Verizon! Make it worth our wait: Special Perks, Nice Discount, SOMETHING!!!

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I switched the whole family over to ATT so I could get my Edge and they could upgrade to new iPhones. I was holding everyone back. So far, ATT service is great and phone calls are very clear. I have not done any traveling yet so highway data availability has not been tested. But from what I read, ATT has almost much caught up with Verizon on coverage.

The best part is ATT paid me $600 to switch 4 phones over. In two years when everyone's contract is up, I might just switch back for another $600 as I have no loyalty to any one network.. However, I am hoping in two years T-Mobile's network will be better. Can't beat their prices.

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
There is always a catch when switching carriers and it either comes on the 1st bill or comes after the 1st year when your bill jumps up by $60 or so dollars like Sprint always does to people who switch to them. People never really read the fine print when it comes to switching and always think it is a piece of cake. But seriously, these companies have to recoup their "pay your etf fees" and pretty perks offered somehow so they include those "hidden" price jumps later on.

As far as coverage and pricing goes, outside of AT&T's higher activation and upgrade fees, their coverage is pretty much up to par with VZW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech