Verizon release date

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Plus, at this rate, with VZW not releasing the Note Edge by now, I'ma just wait and see what they drop this Spring. Afterall, the Note Edge will be more of an "afterthought" come March, April since SamSung is really putting their efforts into revamping the "S" series. I think the closer we get to that, the happier I am that VZW didnt put out the Edge. Forces me to wait it out for the better device to drop.

Posted via the Android Central App

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I was at Best Buy today buying a HDMI cable and checked out the Edge again, it's a sweet phone no question. Best Buy has it for $429 with 2 year, didn't say who was the carrier.

Keep in mind Samsung has Edge phones announcing at the CES Jan 6-9. However, it will most certainly not be a new Note phone, since they just released their latest version.

Stigasteve23

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I found it by searching "note edge costco". I'll take it as a good sign that there is a demo with Verizon's name on it. Hope for a release very soon!

Posted via the Android Central App

Disneymedic

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I hope it goes up for at lest preorder in the next day or two. The only down side is with all of us waiting for this phone, even when it is avail it will most likely not ship until the end of Jan. But, you know I would even be happy with that as long as my order is in and guaranteed. Come on Verizon lets do this and let us start enjoying the phone!!!

Denverdroid

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't get your hopes up based on the "Costco" video:

1) it looks like a dummy unit
2) take a look at the date on the phone if it is for real "September 3, 2014???

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
If any of the rumors are true about the upcoming S6 (granted, different class of phone); make me wonder if Verizon will just skip it? I could easily be persuaded by a double edge (highly doubt able) no home button Galaxy with a AMOLED screen and a 64 bit chipset with usable ram. Bloatware notwithstanding.

I am also aggravated with Verizon's "awesome" coverage. Sat in a bar to watch the game Sunday night. Could NOT get a 4g signal. Voice showed good but couldnt make or receive a call. Get out of that area by a couple miles and phone suddenly wakes up. Slow phone release and not getting the coverage I am paying for....

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
If any of the rumors are true about the upcoming S6 (granted, different class of phone); make me wonder if Verizon will just skip it? I could easily be persuaded by a double edge (highly doubt able) no home button Galaxy with a AMOLED screen and a 64 bit chipset with usable ram. Bloatware notwithstanding.
The S6 is going to be most important phone Samsung is going to release. They are in deep trouble with their mobile unit. Apparently they are going to make the S6 really standout. Can they? Will they? Do they have the chops to pull it off? We have to wait just about a week or so to find out if the rumors of S6 release for CES are true.

It would be a real shame if Samsung releases a S6 that looks just like S5... With just a higher res screen.

I am also aggravated with Verizon's "awesome" coverage. Sat in a bar to watch the game Sunday night. Could NOT get a 4g signal. Voice showed good but couldnt make or receive a call. Get out of that area by a couple miles and phone suddenly wakes up. Slow phone release and not getting the coverage I am paying for....
4G indoor coverage at bars and restaurants, or major shopping centers without windows are non-existent. As soon as you walk into a place that is built like a cave the 4G goes away...

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
The S6 is going to be most important phone Samsung is going to release. They are in deep trouble with their mobile unit. Apparently they are going to make the S6 really standout. Can they? Will they? Do they have the chops to pull it off? We have to wait just about a week or so to find out if the rumors of S6 release for CES are true.

It would be a real shame if Samsung releases a S6 that looks just like S5... With just a higher res screen.

Only time will tell. But as each day passes with no Edge release for Verizon is a day closer to another option. Edge is cool and overshadows the older 805. Feruary release and one has to think why buy "old" tech as the lifespan of these phones is about a nano-second.

4G indoor coverage at bars and restaurants, or major shopping centers without windows are non-existent. As soon as you walk into a place that is built like a cave the 4G goes away...

I was only about a barstool away from the window and even went outside and walked up and down the sidewalk a bit during halftime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae