Noticed the following compared to my note 4:

Battery drains so much faster.
Gets hot compares to note 4

Posted via the Android Central App

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
you have a Note 4 and Note Edge? Why? Are you comparing them?

Do both units run the same functions during battery test, such as GPS/BT/WiFi off or on, video use and other such settings?

tbran

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
The only time I ever notice any warmth at all is when using it hard, while charging at the same time. But my Note 3 used to get hot when running navigation and charging at the same time. So it seems on par with that.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® Edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

noteiii007

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
you have a Note 4 and Note Edge? Why? Are you comparing them?

Do both units run the same functions during battery test, such as GPS/BT/WiFi off or on, video use and other such settings?

I first got the note 4 when it came out. Why? Cause I'm a tech nut!! Plus the edge didn't have a release date. So I got the edge and sending my note 4 under jump back. I am running both the same way and same apps.
For sure the battery drains much faster on edge.

ahmad12

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I first got the note 4 when it came out. Why? Cause I'm a tech nut!! Plus the edge didn't have a release date. So I got the edge and sending my note 4 under jump back. I am running both the same way and same apps.
For sure the battery drains much faster on edge.

I actually got my Note 4 as soon as it came out, same for the edge I love them both but now using the edge and the Note 4 is shelved for now.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I have both also and notice the Edge does drain a lot faster.

I wonder if there will be a fix for this or just the way it is because of the edge screen.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I too have both the Note 4 and Note Edge.

I did notice the battery drain faster on the Edge the first day or two, but I figured that was because I barely ever put it down.

Now going on the 3rd and 4th day, and after draining the battery all the way down to 4% before charging, the battery seems to be doing better.

tbran

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
A couple of days ago, I would have said the Note 4 battery performance was substantially better than the Edge. But now it seems like my Edge is starting to keep up to wife's Note 4 with equal use. The Note 4 might still have a slight "edge" but it has gotten closer as the Edge battery has cycled more and more

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
A couple of days ago, I would have said the Note 4 battery performance was substantially better than the Edge. But now it seems like my Edge is starting to keep up to wife's Note 4 with equal use. The Note 4 might still have a slight "edge" but it has gotten closer as the Edge battery has cycled more and more

Ill say this. When I first got it last week, the battery was lasting one day MAX. I have managed to completely drain the battery twice so far and the baterry life is improving incredibly. As soon as my UAG case arrives, I'm activating this phone. Loving it so far and I'm still using my S3 lol...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs