Edge Case

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
That's why I'm not a fan. It seems like the protection offered is minimal to non-existent. I know that I'm too anal when it comes to this little 'palmtops' (you heard the term here first :) )

I'm too anal too, which is why I've never gone caseless on any of my phones. I think I'm careful enough to, but then that one time comes along and I drop it and am glad I have a case. One reason why I left the Verizon store with the black TPU case on it (talk about a fingerprint and smudge magnet) until I could get my Verus Thor cases ordered and in.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
That's why I'm not a fan. It seems like the protection offered is minimal to non-existent. I know that I'm too anal when it comes to this little 'palmtops' (you heard the term here first :) )

Good point. So am I. I always opt to get the most rugged cases available for my devices. Aesthetics I could care less about. A buddy of mine who has a Note 3 with that flip case let me "tape" a regular sized pen/paper notebook (the kind that fits in your breast pocket) to the case.

Did a drop test from varying heights and at different angles. 20 to be exact. You would be AMAZED how many times the notebook on the inside made contact with a surface FIRST once that "case" got some air in it. Lol it's laughable...

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
A user last week dropped their Edge using the flip type wallet case and cracked the screen. I would NEVER purchase those types of cases ever but whatever works for those that do...

Darn. I had the UAG case and I still have it. I love the looks but it just makes the phone feel big. I picked up the Samsung Wallet Case and struggled over whether to keep it. Then I read your post and I guess I will return it.

Ace Red

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I just got the Seidio Case and holster from Seidio direct. I'm just used to holsters and cannot seem to learn to keep phone in pocket with out putting something else in there.
I've only had it for an hour but I really like it. It's exactly like every other Seido case I have owned. The shell fits very tight, buttons are not difficult to get to, pen is easily gotten to and it's not too thick. The outside is a rubberized plastic so the grip is pretty good. Best part it fits into the Belt clip holster nice and easily. Shell has a kickstand as well. Not the greatest kickstand but it is there.
I had the Verizon shell and worked well. This one is easier to grip. I also had an Ebay $7.00 slip in holster case with silicone on outside and it's pretty thick/aweful and didn't want to stay on edge side well.
So thumbs up for me on this one. Way too expensive but everything I was hoping for.

Jhiggz Merritt

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Eye am a avid case buyer... But who is with me in liking the aesthetics of the phone.. I know the risk of dropping it.. Lol tis why I have a smart watch.. But don't we lose while the phone gets thinner and we bulk it up with these big transformers and terminator cases.. Post mine in a bit

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Eye am a avid case buyer... But who is with me in liking the aesthetics of the phone.. I know the risk of dropping it.. Lol tis why I have a smart watch.. But don't we lose while the phone gets thinner and we bulk it up with these big transformers and terminator cases.. Post mine in a bit

Na, we don't lose. The game is to get a case that is both protective and asthetically pleasing.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I hated the Incipio case, it takes all the fun from using the phone. And most cases that people are buying are basically a variant of the tank cases, such as Incipio. You can't change people's mentality.

Some people still cover their furniture with vinyl. That's just how some people role.

I love the Verizon Shell Case with two way kickstand. You can barely tell it's there. I plan to do a review of it with pics at some point.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I hated the Incipio case, it takes all the fun from using the phone. And most cases that people are buying are basically a variant of the tank cases, such as Incipio. You can't change people's mentality.

Some people still cover their furniture with vinyl. That's just how some people role.

I love the Verizon Shell Case with two way kickstand. You can barely tell it's there. I plan to do a review of it with pics at some point.

The main reason I don't have an Edge (though I still maintain interest) is because of the case / screen protector thing. When I asked about cases and screen protectors for the Edge at Best Buy they looked at me like I was some sort of alien and almost laughed (pretty much the same exact thing with the Moto X). I need better RETAIL accessory support than that.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
My girlfriend got me a great case,off eBay the Verus I love it super thin an great protection all the buttons work good check it out

Posted via the Android Central App

Bradley 916

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
This morning, my Edge fell out of my coat pocket while in the restroom washing my hands. I am glad the UAG was up to the challenge and protected it as it drop onto the corner (where S pen inserts) then plopped face down.

For me, UAG ftw...

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
This morning, my Edge fell out of my coat pocket while in the restroom washing my hands. I am glad the UAG was up to the challenge and protected it as it drop onto the corner (where S pen inserts) then plopped face down.

For me, UAG ftw...

Good stuff. Dropped mine about 3 weeks ago FACEDOWN on the sidewalk. UAG protected the case.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Someone knocked my phone out of my hand (by accident) in my office which is basically concrete covered by very thin carpet squares. The Verus Thor protected it perfectly. The co-worker, he gasped and apologized profusely, picked up the phone while I stood there slack jawed, and then went "whoa! What kind of phone IS this?" Once I recovered and saw no damage was done, I gave him a little tour of the phone. LOL