Anyone returning it?

tbran

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Haha...you joke right? I have access to the other "hot" phones right now. My wife's Note 4, and a pair of Nexus 6's for our business. They are certainly nice devices, but I am content with my Edge.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® Edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Maybe because they feel it wasn't worth the cost? Aren't as blown away by it as imagined?

Just curious...

Not a chance man. This device was far more cool than even I gave it credit for. We are hereby joined at the hip until the next Note comes out.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm not as blown away as I thought that I would be, but I still really like the Note Edge and am not thinking of returning it. The edge screen still offers something different and useful to me and I am enjoying learning this phone more than I have some of the other phones that I have had recently.

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
My main question is that in terms of multitasking, does the edge screen offer anything of value over the Note 4 when one can just use the multitasking key on the Note 4?

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Okay. I have both the edge and note 4 and debating whether or not to return the edge and go back to the Note 4

I have both, as well. If I had to pick only one to keep, it would definitely be the Edge.

My main question is that in terms of multitasking, does the edge screen offer anything of value over the Note 4 when one can just use the multitasking key on the Note 4?

I don't use the edge screen for multitasking as much as I do when the phone is idle and I can watch the stock quotes go by. The notifications are OK but I need more time to judge since I don't receive many notifications on the Note Edge.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

No, I will not be returnuing it. I use the edge panel to access my favorites quickly, and the phone is unique and there is nothing out there like it. I've posted multiple videos showing the features of the phone.If you do not like the phone then return it.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have the Note 4 and Note Edge, and if I could return one it would be the N4.

I like the N4, but the Edge is unique and like no other on the market. The fact that Samsung gave it the same top end specs as the N4 I don't have to compromise in anyway.

VR compatibility with the Note 4 is not compelling enough for me.

Since I can't return the Note 4 I will keep it as my backup device. I recently sold my Note 3 on Ebay.

Posted via the Android Central App

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

Apples and oranges here. The Edge has the same multi-tasking button. The panels are more a replacement for those 4 quick access icons on the bottom of the Note 4 screen. In that regard, it is far better because you have access to a lot more than just 4 apps with the panels.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I recommend this phone over the Note 4 simply because you don't loose anything, but gain so much more.

The same multi-level features available on the Note 4 are also available on the Note Edge, with added bonus of the Edge panel.

For the consumer there are features available on the Note Edge that are absent on the Note 4, but none that I can think of vice versa.

From a pure value added standpoint you clearly get more bang for your buck with the Edge.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
No, I will not be returnuing it. I use the edge panel to access my favorites quickly, and the phone is unique and there is nothing out there like it. I've posted multiple videos showing the features of the phone.If you do not like the phone then return it.

This. I hate having a screen that's cluttered with icons. The Edge eliminates this very annoying schism for me. The fact that you can have access to your most important apps w/o cluttering the screen is worth more than its weight in gold.

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I can't wait to get one and my contract isn't up till September I am so hoping that they will have one around or even make a second generation of it

boriqua2000

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
My screen keeps randomly dimming. I checked all my settings and it shouldn't be doing it. Seems like a phone defect. I will be returning it tomorrow

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Thinking about switching to the standard Note 4. I have not found any extra value to the side bar yet other than it looks cool.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. I switched back and am glad that I did.

I prefer the Note 4's larger screen, better battery life and ergonomics.

How much of a hassle is it to switch to the Note 4 in the 14 day period? I am with ATT.

I will give the phone a few more days to see if I can find value in the side wedge over the row of favorite Icons along the bottom of the screen.

So far:

Pro
Looks pretty cool and a conversation starter

Cons
A bit clumsy to hold
Lack of cases and screen covers
Need to swipe the side wedge to get to favorite apps
Probable lack of custom ROMs because of small user base.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Cons are your opinion, and you are speaking for yourself. If you do not like the phone just return it, and get something else.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang