Does the AT&T Edge have the carrier logo stamped on it?

EsEllEmm

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Just curious, does the Edge that comes from AT&T have their logo stamped on the front of the phone, or is it just the Samsung logo? The ones in the stores only seem to have Samsung on the front, but I'm wondering if maybe those are just early units before AT&T had a chance to get their grubby little mitts on them. So, do the non-display ones have anything other than the Samsung logo?

tbran

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Just curious, does the Edge that comes from AT&T have their logo stamped on the front of the phone, or is it just the Samsung logo? The ones in the stores only seem to have Samsung on the front, but I'm wondering if maybe those are just early units before AT&T had a chance to get their grubby little mitts on them. So, do the non-display ones have anything other than the Samsung logo?
On the front? No.
On the battery cover..Yes.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® Edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
actually, The Samsung name is on the front (top center) and the AT&T Globe is on the back under the flash. Not a big deal to me. It is their pride and joy after all and why not proclaim it? Not many manufacturers don't.

EsEllEmm

May 15, 2013
Visit site
actually, The Samsung name is on the front (top center) and the AT&T Globe is on the back under the flash. Not a big deal to me. It is their pride and joy after all and why not proclaim it? Not many manufacturers don't.
I asked about the ATT logo, not Samsung. Samsung made the phone, so I would fully expect their logo to be on it, and I like Samsung. But it has always annoyed me a little bit how the carriers stamp their logos on the phones they sell. I mean, why should I be forced to stare at the carrier logo every time I look at the phone? They had nothing to do with making the phone, they just take advantage of the free marketing opportunity to get their logo on there.

It's a lot more tolerable on the back though, and obviously if it bothers me that much (it doesn't really) I can always just buy a new cover, so that's nice. My current Note 1 has it right on the front above the screen. Again, it's not like it drives me up a wall, but why should I have to tolerate their logo on there?

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Well I guess I disagree here. Not that I like Logos all over my stuff but I figure a company/sponsor has a right to do that so long as it's not big and in your face. AT&T didn't make the phone but they ARE providing the service and, in the case of the Edge, one of the few to offer it. Now if they had their ads all over the software itself, THAT would be unacceptable. And no, I don't count the AT&T apps they include because they actually provide a service and you don't need to show them if you don't want to.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I asked about the ATT logo, not Samsung. Samsung made the phone, so I would fully expect their logo to be on it, and I like Samsung. But it has always annoyed me a little bit how the carriers stamp their logos on the phones they sell. I mean, why should I be forced to stare at the carrier logo every time I look at the phone? They had nothing to do with making the phone, they just take advantage of the free marketing opportunity to get their logo on there.

It's a lot more tolerable on the back though, and obviously if it bothers me that much (it doesn't really) I can always just buy a new cover, so that's nice. My current Note 1 has it right on the front above the screen. Again, it's not like it drives me up a wall, but why should I have to tolerate their logo on there?

This is part of the reason that the S View covers appeal to me. I can get rid of the carrier logo with AT&T and T-Mobile. I am willing to tolerate it if the carrier subsidizes the phone. If they don't, then I don't want the carrier logo on my phone. It's too bad that they don't make two different phones for the different customers (subsidized and unsubsidized).

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

Are even serious about the logo issue? Why do you even care?

Posted via the Android Central App

EsEllEmm

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well I guess I disagree here. Not that I like Logos all over my stuff but I figure a company/sponsor has a right to do that so long as it's not big and in your face. AT&T didn't make the phone but they ARE providing the service and, in the case of the Edge, one of the few to offer it. Now if they had their ads all over the software itself, THAT would be unacceptable. And no, I don't count the AT&T apps they include because they actually provide a service and you don't need to show them if you don't want to.
Yeah, we are going to have to disagree on that one. I understand ATT is providing the service that runs the phone, but I'm paying for that service. To me, not having any problem with carrier logos on your phone since they are providing the service that runs the phone is akin to not having a problem with your utility company putting their logo on the outside of your house.

Sure, they are providing the services that allow you to live in your house, but you're paying for them. They get money in return for services, not the right to put their logo on your property.

Again though, this is a pretty minor issue for me overall, and odds are I probably won't even bother swapping the battery cover unless I can find one very cheaply.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
This is part of the reason that the S View covers appeal to me. I can get rid of the carrier logo with AT&T and T-Mobile. I am willing to tolerate it if the carrier subsidizes the phone. If they don't, then I don't want the carrier logo on my phone. It's too bad that they don't make two different phones for the different customers (subsidized and unsubsidized).

As much as you don't like the logo on your phone believe it or not the carrier actually owns that phone until you buy it it no different then when you buy a new car the dealers name is gonna be all over that car because they own it first I don't worry about little things like that just put a case on it and move on

Posted via Android Central App

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
As much as you don't like the logo on your phone believe it or not the carrier actually owns that phone until you buy it it no different then when you buy a new car the dealers name is gonna be all over that car because they own it first I don't worry about little things like that just put a case on it and move on

Best Buy owned the television before I bought it, but there are no Best Buy logos on my television. Macy's owned my boots before I bought them but there is no Macy's logo on my boots. I could go on with more examples but the point is this. I have a preference for no carrier logos on my phones. If you have a different opinion, that is fine, but my opinion is just as valid as yours is.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Best Buy owned the television before I bought it, but there are no Best Buy logos on my television. Macy's owned my boots before I bought them but there is no Macy's logo on my boots. I could go on with more examples but the point is this. I have a preference for no carrier logos on my phones. If you have a different opinion, that is fine, but my opinion is just as valid as yours is.

ALL companies have the right to brand there product how they choose Now as far as clothing goes there's lots of branding on cloths most name brand cloths are in fact branded the phone company has been branding there products since the dial phone not sure why your surprised by the act of phone branding it's usually very small and in a corner some places

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
ALL companies have the right to brand there product how they choose Now as far as clothing goes there's lots of branding on cloths most name brand cloths are in fact branded the phone company has been branding there products since the dial phone not sure why your surprised by the act of phone branding it's usually very small and in a corner some places

That's the point; the Note Edge is Samsung's product, not AT&T's product. And, I never said that I was surprised by this, only that I don't like it.

The phone company doesn't brand landline phones that you buy to use landline service. Cellular service providers should not brand cellular phones just because a customer uses the carrier's network for service to that phone. That would be like Exxon branding a BMW; it would be foolish.

Joke Adema

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

hello

i have a question about the logo on the back from the note edge
how do they do that without opening the box
you must receive a Phone who has not been opened before how do they do that\\

and i agree with the person who doesn,t like it me neather

i live in the Netherlands and i have orderd the Phone with samsung.com/nl
i only have got as logo samsung

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
They (AT&T) don't put their logo on the phone, Samsung does it for them during production.

Sent from my Samsung Note Edge using Tapatalk

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
hello

i have a question about the logo on the back from the note edge
how do they do that without opening the box
you must receive a Phone who has not been opened before how do they do that\\

and i agree with the person who doesn,t like it me neather

i live in the Netherlands and i have orderd the Phone with samsung.com/nl
i only have got as logo samsung

AT&T's Note Edge does not come in the Samsung box. It comes in an AT&T box without the OEM earbuds.

Joke Adema

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
AT&T's Note Edge does not come in the Samsung box. It comes in an AT&T box without the OEM earbuds.

thanks for your answer and without earbuds

stil i don,t understand it
so they open the origenal box and then print a logo on it and do it in there logobox

am i happy that i don,t got a Phone by them

not that i don,t trust them but i have more likek the originel box with the Phone

but that is my opinion afcorse

Joke Adema

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
They (AT&T) don't put their logo on the phone, Samsung does it for them during production.

thanks for your answer i had reed the message below yours and now i have given there a wrong answer

oke then it is good but stil i wouldn,t like it i want the samsung logo on it but that is my opinion

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Does the AT&T Edge have the carrier logo stamped on it?

Comes in AT&T box, and no earbuds is correct. But that it's the way they order it from Samsung. I asked when I tried to get the headphones. Then I contacted AT&T and they just have me a $10 credit. Order a back on eBay and all will be AT&T logo free. ;)

Joke Adema

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

yes it is on the car but that is for if you buy a used car and there is something wrong you can go too the dealer and if you look to your car you don,t see it so much as on a Phone
the Phone is mutch smaller then a car so you wil see the logo immeditely and i am sorry but i don,t like that
and the car we have here stickers from the dealer so you can get it of the car or bycicle but in the Phone you can,t get it of and that is what i don,t like about
i find the new owner have to get the chance to get it off

i live in the Netherlands if i want to sel my Phone with that logo on it i wil never sell it
maybey it is strange that we then don,t want to buy it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol