Why is my AT&T Note Edge deleting incoming text messages?

EdgeUserTee

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
AT&T Note Edge Deleting Text Messages...

My Note Edge just started deleting random incoming text messages. I am able to view them when they are received, but after I reply, some of them disappear. Is anyone else having this issue? :(

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note Edge Deleting Text Messages...

Nope. All my texts from various sources are saved. Whose the Carrier?

Posted via the Android Central App

redhat1001

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why is my AT&T Note Edge deleting incoming text messages?

Couple things to try if you haven't already. In the message app, Go to the settings, and make sure 1. Delete old messages is turned off. 2. Set limit number of text higher if the option is available or unlimited if avaialble.
If that doesn't work and you don't want to reset the device, then at least try going to messages in the App Manager, then clear data/cache, then stop/start the message app. Hope it works out.

EdgeUserTee

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site

Couple things to try if you haven't already. In the message app, Go to the settings, and make sure 1. Delete old messages is turned off. 2. Set limit number of text higher if the option is available or unlimited if avaialble.
If that doesn't work and you don't want to reset the device, then at least try going to messages in the App Manager, then clear data/cache, then stop/start the message app. Hope it works out.

Nope, sorry to say that it didn't..... :eek:(

Virginia Bromley

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site

My edge has been doing the same thing. I took it into the store yesterday and they increased the number of messages my phone could hold. It did NOT help. My edge is still deleting messages. I do not have any weird apps downloaded so I am unsure why this is happening. I am becoming increasingly frustrated with this.

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

One thing I i i i i i i i you don't have AT&T cloud messaging enabled. I saw a pop up asking me if I wanted to enable it and store my messages online and o said no. That may be a culprit, not sure

Hope this helps

Live life, love life, excel life...

N1 . N2 .. N3 ... N4 #ILE
#ILoveEvolution

EdgeUserTee

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site

AT&T cloud messaging was enabled, that's how I figured out that the texts were being deleted from the actual device...

BUT, I did a little research and it seems like the "Message Center" number on my phone may need to be changed. I found an AT&T forum posting inquiries about not being able to send/receive texts from a few years ago and changing the number seemed to work for others. So, I took a chance and tried it. It's only been a few minutes but it seemed to do the trick! :eek:)

From the Message App > Settings > Text Message Settings > Message Center > Change the +13603399740 to +13123149810

I will keep an eye on it over the next couple of days to see if this indeed fixed the problem and if not, I'll change the number back and contact AT&T customer support. :eek:)

Arbietd21

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

I am also having this problem. Let me know how changing the number works? I'm also with att btw.

EdgeUserTee

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site

*SIGH*

Sorry guys... Changing the number didn't work after all. It started deleting messages again... I'll have to contact AT&T customer support to see if they can fix it. :'(

a320ash

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site

PLEASE let us know what you find out! I am having the same issue with my AT&T Note 4!

Arbietd21

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

So after changing the number it's still deleting my messages instead of incoming, which I prefer. Has anyone else encountered this.

spidermonkey267

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site

Mine is doing the same thing with the messages app. I also have ATT as my carrier. I downloaded textra which seems to be working fine in regards to the messages showing up. Textra just doesn't have the ability to display its notifications on the edge screen which is the whole point of the phone. Anyone know a solution to the messages app problem or the problem of Textra displaying notifications to the edge screen?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power