What is this annoying sound on the Samsung Note Edge?

iCalyst

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Annoying Sound on Samsung Note Edge!

Previously while I was still using the note 2, the annoying 2 types of NFC sounds bugged me for almost 8 months - jamming my music player etc. Now, 4 days into using the Edge, another annoying sound in fact 3 annoying tones bug the hell out of me right now. The first sounds like a Marimba..[if you know music] in C Maj, C G E C or Do So Me Do.. and it echoes the notes.. The second is like a sort if a prompt, in a sharper key, it is two toned, like tut tut. The third is like a bell or a xylophone.. Its so annoying!! I deleted all the apps I downloaded and goodness gracious theres some brand new features that seem capable of emitting these annoying noises such as Location or S Health, Quick Connect S Finder etc. The noise is killing me. I already disabled S Health. Oh yeah, and the annoying sounds only occur when I'm connected to wifi or 4G. P.S. they are not the bubble popping sound.. and the last few apps I installed before the sound started are bass booster and SwiftKey. Running on Android 4.4.4

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Annoying Sound on Samsung Note Edge!

Previously while I was still using the note 2, the annoying 2 types of NFC sounds bugged me for almost 8 months - jamming my music player etc. Now, 4 days into using the Edge, another annoying sound in fact 3 annoying tones bug the hell out of me right now. The first sounds like a Marimba..[if you know music] in C Maj, C G E C or Do So Me Do.. and it echoes the notes.. The second is like a sort if a prompt, in a sharper key, it is two toned, like tut tut. The third is like a bell or a xylophone.. Its so annoying!! I deleted all the apps I downloaded and goodness gracious theres some brand new features that seem capable of emitting these annoying noises such as Location or S Health, Quick Connect S Finder etc. The noise is killing me. I already disabled S Health. Oh yeah, and the annoying sounds only occur when I'm connected to wifi or 4G. P.S. they are not the bubble popping sound.. and the last few apps I installed before the sound started are bass booster and SwiftKey. Running on Android 4.4.4

Not sure about the first two, but the bell sound could be the new facebook notification. check in the facebook settings to see if it is on.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

It sounds like these are notification sounds. When you hear the sound, what new notification is in your notification shade? Check that app and disable or change the notification sound for that app.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

Within the last week, something has gone on with FB where all the sounds are new. The xylophone sounds notoriously like the sound when you submit a new post or someone else does while the app is open.

Posted via the Android Central App

iCalyst

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site

Hello there, your answer is clear and detailed. Thanks for your great help and my phone has also stopped ringing. Thank you so much notanappleguy!! Your help is much much appreciated.

Sincerely,
iCalyst

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

Hello there, your answer is clear and detailed. Thanks for your great help and my phone has also stopped ringing. Thank you so much notanappleguy!! Your help is much much appreciated.

Sincerely,
iCalyst

I actually helped somebody lol.

Posted via the Android Central App