Mobile Hotspot Issue

aardvarkgeo

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

Rocking my new Note Edge coming from a Note 3. Loving it so far, the edge screen is very cool, with all the shortcuts and news feeds - is it worth the price premium from the Note 4? Maybe not, if you are just looking at functionality, but for the uniqueness, it absolutely is! I always like to be on the cutting "edge" :) and it definitely turns heads - so, why not!

Anyway, I did find one issue so far - and that is with the mobile hotspot. When I use it, the device that was connecting to it kept disconnecting - this never happened on the Note 3 - and was so frustrating.

I found a solution though - you just need to configure the hotspot to a channel instead of auto... as soon as i did this, rock solid connection again.

It's a workaround, and you really shouldn't need to do it.. but hey, if anyone is experiencing this, then I hope it helps.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I need to test the hotspot, it is a key feature I need on the road when staying at hotels and other places with now wifi for the laptop.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

Rocking my new Note Edge coming from a Note 3. Loving it so far, the edge screen is very cool, with all the shortcuts and news feeds - is it worth the price premium from the Note 4? Maybe not, if you are just looking at functionality, but for the uniqueness, it absolutely is! I always like to be on the cutting "edge" :) and it definitely turns heads - so, why not!

Anyway, I did find one issue so far - and that is with the mobile hotspot. When I use it, the device that was connecting to it kept disconnecting - this never happened on the Note 3 - and was so frustrating.

I found a solution though - you just need to configure the hotspot to a channel instead of auto... as soon as i did this, rock solid connection again.

It's a workaround, and you really shouldn't need to do it.. but hey, if anyone is experiencing this, then I hope it helps.

I have never used any of my phones for their "Hotspot" abilities, but if I ever do, thank you in advance!!

Posted via the Android Central App