S View flip cover for the Edge?

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I am wondering if anyone has heard about the release of the s view case for the edge? I have the edge flip case now, and would love to be able to use the s view case instead in order to use the features offered to note 4 users.

Sent from my fantastic and feature rich ( And i'd like to point out anything but a gimmic) Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering if anyone has heard about the release of the s view case for the edge? I have the edge flip case now, and would love to be able to use the s view case instead in order to use the features offered to note 4 users.

Sent from my fantastic and feature rich ( And i'd like to point out anything but a gimmic) Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.

How do you like the flip case? I tend to use my devices without any case, and will likely continue to do so, but there is something about that flip case I like.

It has a style and professional look that keeps me checking it out. I haven't purchased it yet, but I was curiuos to know how you like it thus far?

Posted via the Android Central App

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I really like the flip case. It does ad a level of professionalism to the look of the phone. I also have the Gear S so that enables me to not have to open my flip cover even time I need to respond to a notification. I would just really love to have the option of the s view cover.

✒✒ Sent from my fantastic and feature rich ( And i'd like to point out anything but a gimmic) Samsung Galaxy Note Edge. 👍

joganjani

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I love flip wallet too but I cannot find it anywhere in AT&T shops. I get 50% discount on accessaries through my FAN. So am waiting for it to become available.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I love flip wallet too but I cannot find it anywhere in AT&T shops. I get 50% discount on accessaries through my FAN. So am waiting for it to become available.

I found mine at a corporate AT&T store when the Note Edge was first released.

GSOgymrat

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the Samsung flip wallet which I bought at Best Buy. I've become accustom to not carrying a regular wallet and just having my driver's license and credit card with my phone. The flip wallet works well but I wish there was a way for the flap to stay closed.

AlfieBriggs

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
The Edge looks a fantastic device - Samsung will find a way to make sexy cases for this, I went Note4 however I love the look of the Edge.

Posted via my amazing Note 4 paired with my Moto360

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
The Samsung flip case is amazing and I love it. I don't think they will be making one with s view though.

The question is why? You still need to open the flip case on the edge now to take a pic, write a memo, dial a contact, anything. At least with the s view case you can call, take notes, use camera etc. The edge panel is not so functional that I can operate my phone with the flip closed. I mean they should have at least has a quick dial panel so you could put say 10 contacts on it, then tap one and it dials with the cover closed. Just anything to make the edge panel even more functional while the cover is closed. It is kind of frustrating to be honest, that we have thw most expensive phone in samsungs lineup and the edge panel is only useful as a night clock and notification system while the flip cover is closed. I mean the s view cover on the note 4 provides a ton of functionality to its users. And in reality the s view cover is just a flip case with a cut out, and a simple software update would install the needed code for us edge users to use it.

This, of course is my humble opinion. Lol

✒✒ Sent from my fantastic and feature rich Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.✒✒

Android Cent

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I mean they should have at least has a quick dial panel so you could put say 10 contacts on it, then tap one and it dials with the cover closed.

My Note Edge has a panel called "Quick call contacts" that does exactly what you are describing.

I did not specifically install it, it was either on my phone out of the box or was added when I received a system update on the day I got the phone. I had always thought it was a standard feature but it appears not all versions have it?
Screenshot_2015-01-09-02-04-34.jpg

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
My Note Edge has a panel called "Quick call contacts" that does exactly what you are describing.

I did not specifically install it, it was either on my phone out of the box or was added when I received a system update on the day I got the phone. I had always thought it was a standard feature but it appears not all versions have it?
View attachment 158309

Thank you for the tip, but that is incorrect. Using the contacts panel still requires you to open the cover to make the call. You can not use the phone to dial out with the cover closed.

--- Sent from my fantastic Note Edge--- "IT'S NOTE A GIMMICK, THEY JUST HATE US CAUSE THEY AIN'T US!!!!!!"✒✒

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Do any of you use the flip case with a screen protector? In some instances, I cannot see the need of the screen protector if you have a flip case. Especially, since I have the Gear S.

Also the screen protectors that are out now have a ridge on the edge so, I am not sure I would like that. I am waiting for the glass screen protectors to come out or the ones that actually wrap around completely and do not effect the visibility of the screen.

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Do any of you use the flip case with a screen protector? In some instances, I cannot see the need of the screen protector if you have a flip case. Especially, since I have the Gear S.

Also the screen protectors that are out now have a ridge on the edge so, I am not sure I would like that. I am waiting for the glass screen protectors to come out or the ones that actually wrap around completely and do not effect the visibility of the screen.

I have no protection on mine other that the flip case. I also have the Gear S and Gear circle. Also there will be a tempered glass screen protector released by the end of the month (so I have read). I see no need for a screen protector unless it is tempered glass if you use the flip cover.

--- Sent from my fantastic Note Edge--- "IT'S NOTE A GIMMICK, THEY JUST HATE US CAUSE THEY AIN'T US!!!!!!"✒✒

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have no protection on mine other that the flip case. I also have the Gear S and Gear circle. Also there will be a tempered glass screen protector released by the end of the month (so I have read). I see no need for a screen protector unless it is tempered glass if you use the flip cover.

Like you I also own the Gear S and Circle along with the Note Edge.

I mentioned before that I don't think normally like to use a case on my phones but from what I saw there was a sleek professionalism about the flip case I liked.

I just picked one up at Best Buy and have been using it the last few days. It's taking me a little bit to get used to but I think I'll keep it.

As you mentioned earlier, I do wish the panel was functional with the cover closed because it seems odd to have to open the cover for what seems like simple task that could be performed with the panel?

It's all new though, and I'm sure someone at Samsung has noticed this oversight by now. Hopefully they will add the functionality to this phone, or it will surely be available on the E2 (Edge 2).

joganjani

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I love my flip case too. Das and Chris, how do you like your circles? I read and saw many reviews where people complain that they fall off of your ear. Have you guys notice same problem? Also, do you have to use that neck choker thingy to carry the weight of the back piece? Please share your experience.

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I love my flip case too. Das and Chris, how do you like your circles? I read and saw many reviews where people complain that they fall off of your ear. Have you guys notice same problem? Also, do you have to use that neck choker thingy to carry the weight of the back piece? Please share your experience.

I have no issues with it falling out of my ear or ears. And I use the plastic choker at work because I walk alot around a warehouse. To be honest I barely feel it and know one notices it.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

I have owned the Circle for two weeks now and it works really well. The ear buds falling out has not been my experience. They stay in pretty good, but you do have to ensure you select the correct size for your ears. One other thing I noticed after two days of use is that I had the gels in wrong so it's important to make sure the gels are installed properly.

The neck guards are actually quite comfortable to me. I forget I have them on, and I wear my Circle everyday, all day.

The only negative, and it's a fairly small one, is that the headphones have no way of laying flat around my neck. The earbuds stick out when resting. It's not that big of a deal, and from a design standpoint I can't think of anyway to remedy it, but that would be the only negative.

They have really made my life easier.

Android Cent

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the tip, but that is incorrect. Using the contacts panel still requires you to open the cover to make the call. You can not use the phone to dial out with the cover closed.

Oh, okay, maybe the flip cover changes the behaviour of the "Quick call contacts" panel.

I don't have the flip cover but when my main screen is off and I activate only the edge screen then press on a contact on the "Quick call contacts" panel it immediately dials that person without any further input.

What happens on yours when your cover is open, with the main screen is off, but the edge panel active? Does it still behave the same as if the cover is closed?

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Oh, okay, maybe the flip cover changes the behaviour of the "Quick call contacts" panel.

I don't have the flip cover but when my main screen is off and I activate only the edge screen then press on a contact on the "Quick call contacts" panel it immediately dials that person without any further input.

What happens on yours when your cover is open, with the main screen is off, but the edge panel active? Does it still behave the same as if the cover is closed?

With out the cover it works perfectly normal. It's the flip case that's the issue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith