video on YouTube pauses but audio still playing

yoshi351

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
So I got the note edge the other day works well. When I play a video in YouTube it runs good then a few seconds into the video it pauses but the audio is still running. Is there a fix to this?

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's called buffering, and it's caused by the fact that the data isn't coming down the internet fast enough for the picture to keep playing. It's going to get worse for a few weeks. (If you can watch a Youtube video without a pause - on any computer - on Christmas morning, you'll lucky. All the millions of new computers will be on the internet slowing it to a crawl. Think 70mph interstate during a particularly heavy rush hour. The internet normally slows down starting around the day before Thanksgiving and doesn't speed up again until school starts after the new year. (It slows down during the summer too, when school is out.)

You could build your own internet if you have a few quadrillion dollars lying around not doing anything - otherwise, no, there's nothing you can do. The internet was designed for "eventually", not "immediately" - IOW, for the IRS to be able to keep collecting taxes even if half the country was destroyed by a nuclear war. So even if an email from the NY office had to go via trans-Atlantic cable to England, then to Europe, then to Asia, then via trans-Pacific routes to San Francisco, it would still get there (in a week or so).

Internet 2 is going to be designed for speed. Some day. The idea is being talked about - that's as far as it's gotten, AFAIK. (I'm not invited to sit on committees any more - I'm retired and out of the industry.) Maybe by the middle of the century. Maybe not until next century. Once the design is decided upon (and it has to work with current computers, phones, etc., without slowing down communications between Internet 2 devices), someone has to come up with more money than the current national debt of the US to put it into place.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
So I got the note edge the other day works well. When I play a video in YouTube it runs good then a few seconds into the video it pauses but the audio is still running. Is there a fix to this?

Posted via the Android Central App
I've noticed this just last night. Didn't seem to be a buffering issue. My YouTube app was frozen. I was pressing the home button and it was still stuck on the YouTube app. But I would hear audio come in and out but it was only a black screen. I restarted my phone and it happened one other time after that. But I've never seem this happen before last night. Not certain if this is the exact same thing that happened to your phone though.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T

montanaxvi

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
It's not a buffering issue as op described it. My S5 just started doing this about 3 days ago. Video will pause but audio continues just fine, therefore, not a buffering issue. I could hit pause and audio would stop but video remained in frozen position on screen once I hit play. Wondering if it's a recent YouTube update causing the problem as op and I don't have same device.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I ran into this issue recently, and I noticed it started to happen after I updated to the current version of YouTube. What I did to fix the issue was roll back to the previous YouTube version, and the problem went away, and then I updated to the current version, and it seems to be fine now. To roll back to previous YouTube version go to setting/applications/applications manager/downloaded/YouTube and click uninstall updates. Once that is done view a few video's to see if the issue is fixed. If the problem is fixed then update to the latest version of YouTube through the play store.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I've seen this happen again a couple nights ago. I was using WiFi just like last time. Has anyone seen this happen using a mobile data connection?

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I ran into this issue with the first note edge that I got. It ended up having some other issues with it so I got it swapped out at the store, but I know exactly what you mean. I don't necessarily have a fix for it. It just stopped doing it on its own at one point with the other phone. The phone I replaced it with hasn't had that issue at all... Yet.. *knocks on wood*

Nevastuica FTW

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Well i got the S5 Neo from a present and after like 8 days or so i started watching youtube and i was watching it before the actual image to get stuck and audio just goes on . It s pretty much bull**** because on my other phone it doesnt do that so any food ideas to fix this ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney