Cracked screen =/

Arbietd21

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
So I managed to drop my phone after trying my best to take care of it. It fell screen first on concrete sidewalk. It was inside my jacket pocket and I dropped my keys so I bent over to pick it up and the phone slipped out.. It's in the Samsung flip case but as it fell the case opened up and the screen got it. Nothing too terrible. A small crack at the top right corner where the edge is... Of course. Couple scratches on the screen, and side bezel. Display is perfectly fine, and it's not bad enough to warrant a $200 replacement with the att warranty. Anyone else experience any drops.
9a574cc60d4fbe7c9807e838a6125a20.jpg

8a125f92ed9fd674a6b556b952914b18.jpg

Sent from my Note Edge.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
That's one of the reasons I don't put much stock in flip cases, unless they're like the Tech 21 Classic Shell Wallet for the Note 4. Ouch, my friend, that would bug the hell out of me. :(

from the S5 💸

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
To prevent the crack from spidering, and considering that there's nothing to see there, mix up a little epoxy (the cheap two tube liquid stuff you can get in auto supply stores) and wipe some of the micture into the crack with your finger - just enough to hold it together. Immediately wipe off any excess. Insurance for the screen for a couple of bucks.

Arbietd21

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
That's one of the reasons I don't put much stock in flip cases, unless they're like the Tech 21 Classic Shell Wallet for the Note 4. Ouch, my friend, that would bug the hell out of me. :(

from the S5 💸
It really is bothering me but not enough to drop 200 on a new one haha, just got make sure I'm extra careful.
To prevent the crack from spidering, and considering that there's nothing to see there, mix up a little epoxy (the cheap two tube liquid stuff you can get in auto supply stores) and wipe some of the micture into the crack with your finger - just enough to hold it together. Immediately wipe off any excess. Insurance for the screen for a couple of bucks.
I was thinking about that actually, thanks.

Sent from my Note Edge.

tbran

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I have had 2 BAD drops since purchase. But the UAG case and the Invisishield screen protector keep my stupidity in check and my phone still looks brand new

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® Edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I haven't dropped mine yet, but in case I do, I got coverage from Square Trade. $5 a month and only $75 deductible... Used them before, if they can't fix or replace, they send you a check for what it cost you.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I haven't dropped mine yet, but in case I do, I got coverage from Square Trade. $5 a month and only $75 deductible... Used them before, if they can't fix or replace, they send you a check for what it cost you.

Square Trade has the lower deductible because they don't cover theft or loss of phone. I went with Square Trade anyway because I am much more likely to drop my phone.

Mine slipped out of my sweat pants twice pre-case at the health club while sitting on a machine. They have rubberized flooring so no damage. My S3 never would fall out of my sweats but this phone is huge.

Right after I dropped it I considered getting the uag, still am actually

Sent from my Note Edge.

I bet you started considering a UAG case as it was in mid air!

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Not to throw it in your face but I swear the same thing happened to me. Dropped my damn Edge on the sidewalk screen side down. Only thing that saved mine was my UAG case. I keep stressing, if you gonna put $1000 into a phone, why not protect it? Flip cases and rubber cases NO. URBAN ARMOR GEAR CASES FOR THIS PHONE. Not once but TWICE in the same day.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Square Trade has the lower deductible because they don't cover theft or loss of phone. I went with Square Trade anyway because I am much more likely to drop my phone.

Mine slipped out of my sweat pants twice pre-case at the health club while sitting on a machine. They have rubberized flooring so no damage. My S3 never would fall out of my sweats but this phone is huge.

Same here, I am more likely to drop the phone, before having it lost. Stolen has a $500 deductible. I know, kind of pricey, but most folks don't realize that these types of cell phones are covered by most homeowners or auto insurance.

Arbietd21

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Update

My girlfriend dropped my phone.... And there's a Crack against the whole screen... Got the att warranty so gunna replace it. Does anyone know how it works?

Sent from my Note Edge.

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
After paying $199 they send you a refurbished phone and you send the old one back. Square Trade would cost you $5 a month and have only a $75 deductible. But they have you send them the phone, they repair it, if it can't be repaired, they replace it. If they can't do that, they send you a check for the cost.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
After paying $199 they send you a refurbished phone and you send the old one back. Square Trade would cost you $5 a month and have only a $75 deductible. But they have you send them the phone, they repair it, if it can't be repaired, they replace it. If they can't do that, they send you a check for the cost.

You would be out of a phone for how long though?

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Last time it took a week. But I always keep a cheap spare for a while. But to me saving the $124 on the deductible is worth it. I won't die without my phone. Since I keep a cheap one as a spare.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech