Do you use Softcard?

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Last night I almost decided to go back to Apple then I came to my senses and said no I still want a Note. Do any of you use Softcard? My one and only credit card isn't in their system and it is in Apple Pay but that isn't enough to get me to go back. So if you do use it have you had any issues? Do you like it enough to use it as often as possible or do you just pull your card out of wherever you carry it

Happy New Year and I can't wait to be some sort of Note user but the one I really want is the Note Edge ;)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a Note 3, and I have a debit card and a credit card. It's easier to pull out one of my cards than it is to pull out my phone. Besides, everyone but the kid on the corner running a lemonade stand takes plastic, not everyone has a terminal that will talk to a phone yet. (It's not even difficult to accept plastic with a phone any more, the way it used to be when one of Nextel's big selling points was that you could run a card through some of their phones.)

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I know and it is probably what I will end up doing but for me it is easier. I might be the only lady I know who doesn't always carry a purse. And who knows by the time September arrives I just might be in the system

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a Note 3, and I have a debit card and a credit card. It's easier to pull out one of my cards than it is to pull out my phone. Besides, everyone but the kid on the corner running a lemonade stand takes plastic, not everyone has a terminal that will talk to a phone yet. (It's not even difficult to accept plastic with a phone any more, the way it used to be when one of Nextel's big selling points was that you could run a card through some of their phones.)

I use Google wallet. It is the best. I have me I'd and debit card in my card slot on my S cover. Most places in shop have tap to pay.

Best buy
Walgreens
McDonald's
Shell
Mobile
Wendy's
Kohls
Etc.....

Plus I feel more secure not using my actual card.

✒✒ Sent from my fantastic and feature rich Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.✒✒

GSOgymrat

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site

I agree. I have Google Wallet set up but I rarely use it. I have the Samsung Wallet Flip Cover for the Edge and I keep a credit card and driver's license inside. It is easier just to swipe the credit card. When I had the iPhone 6 Plus a had a wallet case too and I rarely used Apple Pay even with the very few venders that accept it. Maybe in the future if the majority of venders adopt NFC payments I will use it more but for now a credit/debit card is easier.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Last night I almost decided to go back to Apple then I came to my senses and said no I still want a Note. Do any of you use Softcard? My one and only credit card isn't in their system and it is in Apple Pay but that isn't enough to get me to go back. So if you do use it have you had any issues? Do you like it enough to use it as often as possible or do you just pull your card out of wherever you carry it

Happy New Year and I can't wait to be some sort of Note user but the one I really want is the Note Edge ;)

dont you mean ISIS? lol

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
thanks Chris I had seen posts that once Softcard was added Goggle Wallet didn't work as well or not at all. This is encouraging if they ever get around to adding the only credit card I use.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I use it. its not offered at all the places that I shop. Actually, its only offered in 1 grocery store out of the 4 that I shop at. Before I enter the store, I launch the app so, I do not have to wait until I get to the check stand to launch the app. I use BofA which is not an offered bank in Softcard so, I have to do the AMEx thing.

Its much easier to pull the card out of the wallet to pay for stuff then it is to launch an app especially when you have a loyalty card to scan too. For example, when I am at Walgreens I have to scan my loyalty card and then pay with the phone. Makes it awkward to jump between multiple screens, would be nice if the loyalty card was linked to AmEx so, it would do it automatically. I tried to use Google Wallet with the Note 3 hoping that it would be easier, but it really is not and for me, it did not work 100% of the time.

I heard that the Apple Pay process is much easier. I have thought of scrapping the Mobile Pay quite a few times as its really more of a hassle than its worth. I would not use it as a motivator to go to Apple. My wife has a IPhone 6 plus and the device looks really nice and its easy to hold in the hand. Apple does make things easier which makes it attractive. Maybe the next generation Apple Pay might get better.

glidersgalore

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I use an app called key tag. I keep all my loyalty cards on it. To use Google Wallet just turn on NFC. I turn mine in advance of paying and lately I just leave it on. For those who say it is to hard or takes to long, I think that is an excuse or just someone crying or just someone wanting to try make Android look bad vs Crapple.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I've used both Softcard and Google Wallet and they both worked equally well. The biggest problem for me is with the retailer. Most of them don't have a clue. FYI: Google Wallet will allow you to add more kinds of cards. Softcard is far more limited.

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I use it. its not offered at all the places that I shop. Actually, its only offered in 1 grocery store out of the 4 that I shop at. Before I enter the store, I launch the app so, I do not have to wait until I get to the check stand to launch the app. I use BofA which is not an offered bank in Softcard so, I have to do the AMEx thing.

Its much easier to pull the card out of the wallet to pay for stuff then it is to launch an app especially when you have a loyalty card to scan too. For example, when I am at Walgreens I have to scan my loyalty card and then pay with the phone. Makes it awkward to jump between multiple screens, would be nice if the loyalty card was linked to AmEx so, it would do it automatically. I tried to use Google Wallet with the Note 3 hoping that it would be easier, but it really is not and for me, it did not work 100% of the time.

I heard that the Apple Pay process is much easier. I have thought of scrapping the Mobile Pay quite a few times as its really more of a hassle than its worth. I would not use it as a motivator to go to Apple. My wife has a IPhone 6 plus and the device looks really nice and its easy to hold in the hand. Apple does make things easier which makes it attractive. Maybe the next generation Apple Pay might get better.

I don't understand. I use Google wallet at walgreens. I open google wallet, tap loyalty cards. Hit walgreens, they scan it. The I tap the phone on the reader and pay. Takes about 5 seconds. Way simple.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand. I use Google wallet at walgreens. I open google wallet, tap loyalty cards. Hit walgreens, they scan it. The I tap the phone on the reader and pay. Takes about 5 seconds. Way simple.

Never had the opportunity to use Google Wallet as it does not work with the Verizon Note 3. My brief usage of the Moto X had that option but, it never worked for me either.

jwlehman

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Never had the opportunity to use Google Wallet as it does not work with the Verizon Note 3. My brief usage of the Moto X had that option but, it never worked for me either.

If you get your Note 3 SIM updated, you can use Google Wallet. I used to be on a Verizon Note 3 and ordered the NFC SIM for no charge. You can even order it with their Verizon app.

Posted with my Note Edge

Posted via the Android Central App

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
If you get your Note 3 SIM updated, you can use Google Wallet. I used to be on a Verizon Note 3 and ordered the NFC SIM for no charge. You can even order it with their Verizon app.

Posted with my Note Edge

Posted via the Android Central App

That will explain why I tried to use it at Subway today and wound up using Softcard to pay.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I use softcard but less often now cause the $1 back for every purchase using tap to pay ended December 31

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Mobile payments will catch on heavily this year especially when the other retail consortium (best buy, walmart, cvs, etc) come out with their payment system and the consumer starts realizing they have more power to decide what end solution they want. SoftCard works though as the OP stated their current stable of CC'S are quite deficient! And though AMEX's solution works, I'm not a fan. Have the Note 3 and unlike what had been posted, Google Wallet indeed does not work no matter WTH one does; it's back on Google website as a non working device again now too. So definitely a hardware issue on the Note 3, as google would be my go to mobile payment solution and it blows the pants off of Apple Pay IMHO.
PS: not an apple hater as I've been using their computing platform since 1986. Their mobile offering's just too closed and apps too pricey.
Peace

Posted via Android Central App

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Mobile payments will catch on heavily this year especially when the other retail consortium (best buy, walmart, cvs, etc) come out with their payment system and the consumer starts realizing they have more power to decide what end solution they want. SoftCard works though as the OP stated their current stable of CC'S are quite deficient! And though AMEX's solution works, I'm not a fan. Have the Note 3 and unlike what had been posted, Google Wallet indeed does not work no matter WTH one does; it's back on Google website as a non working device again now too. So definitely a hardware issue on the Note 3, as google would be my go to mobile payment solution and it blows the pants off of Apple Pay IMHO.
PS: not an apple hater as I've been using their computing platform since 1986. Their mobile offering's just too closed and apps too pricey.
Peace

Posted via Android Central App

I agree with you. I had my Note 3 and used SoftCard and having to load the AMex was a PIA. I got the Note Edge last week and I had the option to use Google Wallet or Softcard. I can tell you that the Google Wallet works great on the Note Edge. Its much zippier than I thought. I did have a couple of problems when I was at a pharmacy that had poor cellular reception and the payment would not process. It took about 3 times before it worked. That only happened once. I have used it about 8 times this week.