Insane lag!!!!!

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what is going on, but out of know where my edge started lagging like crazy! Texting is slow, app switching is crawling. I did a reboot, and it's better. Any ideas why this would be happining considering android has excellent memory management?

✒✒ Sent from my fantastic and feature rich Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.✒✒

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Settings/General/Storage/Cache. Wait until it stops calculating, press it and clear it. (You won't lose data - that's data that apps should have cleared when they were finished using it - and didn't.)

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Settings/General/Storage/Cache. Wait until it stops calculating, press it and clear it. (You won't lose data - that's data that apps should have cleared when they were finished using it - and didn't.)

Thank you! That did the trick.

✒✒ Sent from my fantastic and feature rich Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.✒✒

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

Any other ideas? When I swype to text, I get no lag. When I type out my text, the lag is really evident. I had my Note 3 and it never lagged like this. This is pretty significant lag and seems to only occur when I text. I tried the solution that you suggested above but, the lag is still there.

I am running the Nova Launcher so, I am wondering if its coming from there and not from the Edge.