just got the note edge. wondering about a few things

editionfws

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone
So I came across a note edge on ebay, I talked the guy down on price and I couldn't pass it up. I am coming from a note 3. I was trying to wait for the note 5 to come out to update through AT&T...anyway that's another story.

First off, on my note 3, in my app drawer I have a 5x5 grid. On my edge I have a 4x5 (or is it 5x4?) Grid. I don't remember how I got the 5x5 on my note 3, is there a way to do this on stock touchwiz??

Next, is there a way to transfer all of my bookmarks over to the new device? I used smart switch mobile to transfer most stuff.

Also on the note 3 home screen and widget pages, I have 4 apps docked to the bottom. They are there no matter what widget page I m on. Is there a way to do this on the edge?

Why did they take the note 3 style charger away? I liked it. It wasn't because it made it faster, I just liked the sturdiness of it.
So far battery life is great but I have not used it on a full charge yet. Will let you know tomorrow about that.

Then my wishful thinking...I dislike new phones because all of my autocorrect stuff is gone. I hate that. I wish I could transfer that over also. On my note 3 and this phone also, sometimes it randomly puts the same words twice. Has anyone experienced that?

Overall, great phone so far. These are a few things I just wish I could fix.

editionfws

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Today with leave battery use I have 65% left. Took the phone off the charger at 9 am and now it is almost 3pm. I was using it in a very low sign area a lot also.

glidersgalore

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
My normal day has my phone on wifi, Bluetooth, streaming, and moderate internet and emailing 8 have about 30% life left. My day runs from 8-5

editionfws

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Today was my day off so tomorrow will be the real test. My day is 6am to 6pm. No WiFi or bt but a lot of messaging, messaging apps, emails and Internet browsing

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
If you registered it with Samsung, I suggest you pick up the spare battery kit with the 50% off code. (If they are still doing that) I am a heavy user away from home. Also I don't like power saver, or dimming my screen. I also use live wallpaper because I like it. With my usage I can drain the battery to less than 30% in 8 to 9 hours. So a spare battery comes in handy then. But now with my QI back and those cheap Qi pads eBay has for about $5, I don't even use the spare battery anymore. Enjoy the Edge... I know I do..

editionfws

May 17, 2013
Visit site
If you registered it with Samsung, I suggest you pick up the spare battery kit with the 50% off code. (If they are still doing that) I am a heavy user away from home. Also I don't like power saver, or dimming my screen. I also use live wallpaper because I like it. With my usage I can drain the battery to less than 30% in 8 to 9 hours. So a spare battery comes in handy then. But now with my QI back and those cheap Qi pads eBay has for about $5, I don't even use the spare battery anymore. Enjoy the Edge... I know I do..

I'll check out the spare battery for sure. I never had much luck with the qi pads. I can never seem to align the phone with the pad right and somehow I knock it off at night. I don't use poser saving mode either and kee my screen brightness on auto.

Loving the device so far.

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
First normal day of use,without playing with it too much and setting things up.

Not bad IMO.

Posted via the Android Central App

This is with several texts and about 25 calls

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-12-18-44-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-12-18-44-56.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 93

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Few Questions Please anyone knows

1) If we make New Drop Bx Ac we get 50gb so after 2yrs what does it come down to ??
when the Free period is Over

2) When we 1st log in G mail it ask to restore backed up Apps etc
& it Auto Downloads Apps from before phone
How do i sync my New Apps on Phone ?

3) How to scroll Express Me pic on Edge panel screen ?
At Time 2:02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QsivRobWgE

Thanks

Last edited:

yostevo

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Not much of help because not completely sure but I think if you have Gmail/Google you should be able to save your bookmarks then when you bring it back up it should sync it.