Verizon Note Edge Thread

andre2p

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
This is pathetic. Next time I will stick with a "regular" phone. Wish Verizon would sell the Nexus at the same time that everybody else did.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
It's not really "pathetic." There are still "regular" phones that have yet to receive 5.0.0/5.0.1. Having to wait an extra few weeks over the Note 4 isn't that big of a deal at all, hardly "pathetic."

Sabrina Fair

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problems with the battery life. In standby the battery life is ok. But once I start using the phone for calls/messenger/gmail - the battery drains rather quickly. At times, battery performance is similar to the HTC Thunderbolt.

yostevo

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
This is pathetic. Next time I will stick with a "regular" phone. Wish Verizon would sell the Nexus at the same time that everybody else did.

Actually Verizon is immuned to Nexus as my galaxy nexus never even got Kit Kat not to mention we were always last on jelly bean updates.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Is there any way we can find out from Verizon what the hold up is?

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge
Kindle Fire HD7 (Late 2013)

Nope. Verizon is tight-lipped when it comes to updates. You'll know when it's coming out as soon as a tech site releases the information (if Verizon actually announces it) or when users can upgrade their phones. You can call Verizon but they won't tell you anything and, as with any software update, these do not have a hard timeline.

kieso

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I hope it comes out soon. I've had this phone for 3 months and it's already running slow and choppy at times. Reboots help for a while and I've already cleared cache about a week ago. I started getting "camera had stopped"while using the camera.

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
.-. And I thought Verizon took forever with the G2 KK update.. Still no signs of VZW Note Edge Lollipop

Posted via the Android Central App

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Saw a report yesterday that the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge are looking at a Lollipop 5.1 update in June and our Note Edge just languishes behind with 4.4.4... I admit that I am impatient, but this is getting ridiculous...

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Although I have to say its Verizons fault, since att T-Mobile and sprint all have the update out for edge

Stigasteve23

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Verizon's version of this phone came out what...3 months after the others? Looks like they are behind 3 months on the update as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed