Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge with double-edged screen FINAL...

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge with double-edged screen leaked...

Hey how do you get the hearts and other cute little icons into these posts? All I ever seem to get is the yellow thumbs up one.

Click on the persons post Shaggy and you should have the option.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

Samsung Galaxy S6 Pre-Release Rumors

Samsung is parodying itself a few days before the release of the Samsung S6 Double-Edge.

Tagline: IS THIS THE NEXT?
Is This The Next?

make sure to scroll left to see the fake rumors from Day 1.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

Oh good grief. Those are some of the ugliest contraptions I've ever seen.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

More leaks as the release date is nearing. Again, I am not a fan of the Galaxy S, but what Samsung will do with the S6 Edge is what catching my eye.

From the images, it looks like the Edge version will be double-edged. Which looks nicer than a single edge.
Z2NV46v.jpg

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

Great article about the high importance of the Galaxy S6. Basically as I said above the S6 is a make or break for Samsung as they have been losing marketshare in both low and high end phones.

For Samsung, Galaxy S6 needs to hit with a big bang - CNET
"This new device is absolutely critical in terms of getting momentum going again, turning things around and proving Samsung has still got it and can deliver a killer device,"

If the Galaxy S6 doesn't excite consumers, Samsung risks becoming the next BlackBerry, a once-dominant and innovative phone maker now struggling to survive.

Last edited:

jibblator

May 31, 2013
Visit site

Great article about the high importance of the Galaxy S6. Basically as I said above the S6 is a make or break for Samsung as they have been losing marketshare in both low and high end phones.
[/url]

Maybe in tech circles yes, but the rest of the world? I'm not so sure. I just got back from South Africa, and basically if a person didn't have an iPhone they had a Samsung phone...their marketing machine is a monster, there were Samsung billboards and ads everywhere. I could probably count the number of non Samsung android phone ads on one hand

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

Maybe they're pushing hard in SA, but in the US, Samsung ads are nowhere as visible as Apple.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

Well, I feel much better, and boy is Samsung smart!

They understood and have confirmed that the Note Edge is a professional device that requires higher levels of tech savvy than the one made for the general public. Hence the unique in the industry the Edge panel with its own OS interface (and the S-pen) will continue to remain unique.

The new S6 Edge does have curves on both sides of the screen but they don't have the Edge panel and the curve isn't as pronounced as the Note Edge screen (no sd car slot and no removable battery either). Yes folks Samsung has done the right thing, rather than frightening the general (non-pro) public with a totally different user interface of the Edge panel they have simply created two waterfall effects on either side of the screen, without changing the traditional use of the OS.

The phone are however beautiful and the reviewers are gushing over them.

Seems like a win for Samsung which means they'll be around while longer.

Meet Samsung's Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge
hero-device-glowless.png
galaxy-s6-four-colors-5-9zh2jqc.jpg
img-4568-1.jpgimg-4559-1.jpg
img-4657-1.jpg

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The S6/Edge is going to do well me thinks. I'm very satisfied with what I saw in the event. I do have mixed feelings about the lack of SD card and removable battery though.

from the venerable Note 3π 📱

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm not usually a Samsung fan. But the s6 edge in that green variant is very slick.

Posted via the Android Central App

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
For us long-time Note users the S series doesn't really appeal and it still doesn't. But boy has Samsung nailed their new S phones, both are gorgeous (glass front and back and metal chassis) and it was very smart not to confuse the general public (who want simple) with the Edge panel. Let's see if they can up the new iPhone in sales.

:)

nishant786

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I hate Samsung so bad right now. I fell in love with my phone because for the first time they actually removed a feature that seemed like a gimmick but was actually really useful - the side 'panel'. I love using the panel for shortcuts and info and cant think of going back. So i waited for the s6 edge to bring more of the same so that this panel would get more popular and more features.
But lo and behold... Just when I was happy that Samsung has crafted perfect phones, they abandon the edge panel. And turn the curved glass into a gimmick... No features, no icons, no panels nothing. The s6 edge just has curved glass on both sides and some stupid contacts based feature. NOTHING ELSE.
Samsung effectively abandoned the edge panel without giving in the proper chance.
I sincerely hope they keep it for the note edge 2... This is the fist android phone I have loved in years.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
read this as to why Edge Panel will remain a pro feature.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-double-edged-screen-final-3.html#post4258770

Your run of the mill consumer wants extreme simplicity, and what Samsung has done with the S6 Edge is the correct choice. It will be a best seller. The press is just gushing over it.
Well, I feel much better, and boy is Samsung smart!

They understood and have confirmed that the Note Edge is a professional device that requires higher levels of tech savvy than the one made for the general public. Hence the unique in the industry the Edge panel with its own OS interface (and the S-pen) will continue to remain unique.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I finally dropped by a VZW store to check out the S6 and S6 Edge. Samsung has done a beautiful job. These phones really standout from the older S series. I'm obviously not a fan of 5" phones, but do admire what Samsung has accomplished with their new top consumer phone. However, I didn't like the S6 Edge. I thought it looked very soft and feminine, like a girly phone. I did play with both a little. Both have good feel and the combination of metal and glass is very smart, but the double curved screen on the S6 Edge with no real purpose for the curve part (unlike my Note Edge) did not do it for me at all.

The word is Samsung is expecting a massive demand for the new S series. I hope they have learned their lesson that the only way to maintain the top position in mobile is to constantly be pushing the envelope and not making 3 S phones in a row that look exactly alike.

kieso

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I played with my friends s6 and I gotta say I'm glad I didn't wait for it. It's an awesome looking phone but the edges don't have nearly as much functionality add my note edge. He may return ity because of that

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers