Why is my Verizon Note Edge Bluetooth Buzzing/Crackling?

ofosho305

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Verizon Note Edge Bluetooth Buzzing/Crackling

I just got a Verizon Note Edge and music sounds great over the 3.5mm jack, however over Bluetooth the audio has a noticeable crackling/buzzing sound on higher pitch tones. I am connecting it to a Lexus ES 350 2013. Could this be a hardware issue that I should exchange the phone over? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon Note Edge Bluetooth Buzzing/Crackling

It could be an issue with the phone or with the Lexus audio system's Bluetooth. You'll have to localize it (use a different car, use a different phone, see where the problem follows).

ofosho305

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site

It could be an issue with the phone or with the Lexus audio system's Bluetooth. You'll have to localize it (use a different car, use a different phone, see where the problem follows).

l used a Moto X and it worked fine. I did notice that the Note Edge made some more controls available, repeat and random, so it must be a different bluetooth version. I'll try with another car when I get a chance. Could it be a bluetooth version issue? Anyone know why I get more controls?

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

I just got a Verizon Note Edge and music sounds great over the 3.5mm jack, however over Bluetooth the audio has a noticeable crackling/buzzing sound on higher pitch tones. I am connecting it to a Lexus ES 350 2013. Could this be a hardware issue that I should exchange the phone over? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yep, happens to me on my Cadillac. I thought was my vehicle's bluetooth connection because the hiss/buzzing sound occur with both the note 4 and the edge. Yet I get a incredible sound through 3.5 jack. I know it's suppose to be better, but this bluetooth hiss is not normal. I'm going to try another source (other than my phone) tomorrow.

ofosho305

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site

Let me know how it goes stronggeek. I went to the store and had the same hiss/buzz/crackle with the Beats headphones over bluetooth. It went away when I plugged the phone into the same headphones over 3.5mm. So I paired the demo Edge at the store to the headphones and that sounded fine. I just got the Edge, so I am exchanging it for a new one. Hopefully it is just a matter of replacing this one.

ofosho305

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site

I found out that it was my Moto 360 that was causing the issue. When I disconnect it, Bluetooth works fine.

abonfietti

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Similar problem here. I've got a Honda Civic and got no noise, however my bluetooth connection drops every 5 to 10 min consistently. From Tunein, Pandora or whatever I'm streaming.
If I restart the phone, it stops for a while and at some point, will do it again. Unfortunately I can't identify a pattern as of yet.

Contacted Samsung who BS'ed me saying to uninstall apps I don't use. When I said it was BS then she asked to try on a different device (which I would have, if I only had one easily available...) - however the car doesn't do that with my wife's S5.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith