Note Edge or Note 4?

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm undecided. Note Edge or Note 4? Does anyone have a better battery life or performance than the other?

Posted via Android Central App

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Hmm if you want a phone that looks like all other phones, then go for the Note 4, If you want a unique phone, with the power of a Note 4, then go for the edge. The 4 has a bigger battery, but the Edge panel has so many advantages over the other phones, it is Apple-like to buy the 4. Playing a game and someone has the nerve to bother you? On the regular type phones you need to stop the game and answer it or ignore it by dropping down the notification bar, but on the Edge, it shows up on your edge panel, where you can either answer it or ignore it without stopping the game. Or anything else you are using. Doing something on one app, and decide you need to open another app? Well on the 4 you would need to go back to the home screen and start that app, then you can go back and forth from the "recent tab" On the Edge, all you need to do is slide your finger on the panel and hit the new app. That is just a few advantages.. As far as battery is concerned, buy a spare. But with Quick charge, you can charge to full in a very short time.

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm undecided. Note Edge or Note 4? Does anyone have a better battery life or performance than the other?

I had the note edge for a while. While it was cool, I traded it for a note 4. The battery on the note 4 is so much better. I have certain things I do on my phone in the morning and on the way to work. On my note edge after waking up at 5am and doing my thing then getting to work I would be at 69% from 100%. On my note 4 doing EXACTLY the same thing I am at 86% from 100. By the end of the day on my note 4 I'm at 29%. On my note edge I would have to charge it at least once. I am not at a desk or in my car at work so charging during the day is a very big inconvenience to me. I can use my note 4 without any concerns all day. Streaming music, Google maps, news, snote, action memo and camera. I also noticed alot of lag on the note edge. My note 4 runs smooth.

I may try the next generation of the note edge if they make one, but for now I'm sticking to my Note 4. I have had every model of the note from its first generation, including the edge. I have had EVERY flagship phone from all manufacturers on many different carriers. And the Note 4 is by far the absolute best phone I have ever used. It is so advanced and so useful, I do not use a laptop at work or home. I can complete every task I have to do for work on this phone. From signing documents to scanning and faxing approvals to doing safety walk throughs while taking pictures of violations, marking the pics with the spen and then sending them to department heads. Doing this on my note edge would require me to carry a spare battery or charge throughout the day. I refuse to have to buy am extra battery for my phones.

The note 4 is all you need man, don't waste your money on the note edge. Yes, it looks cool, but to be honest, if battery and smooth performance are important to you, stick with the note 4.

May The note 4's be with you

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hmm if you want a phone that looks like all other phones, then go for the Note 4, If you want a unique phone, with the power of a Note 4, then go for the edge. The 4 has a bigger battery, but the Edge panel has so many advantages over the other phones, it is Apple-like to buy the 4. Playing a game and someone has the nerve to bother you? On the regular type phones you need to stop the game and answer it or ignore it by dropping down the notification bar, but on the Edge, it shows up on your edge panel, where you can either answer it or ignore it without stopping the game. Or anything else you are using. Doing something on one app, and decide you need to open another app? Well on the 4 you would need to go back to the home screen and start that app, then you can go back and forth from the "recent tab" On the Edge, all you need to do is slide your finger on the panel and hit the new app. That is just a few advantages.. As far as battery is concerned, buy a spare. But with Quick charge, you can charge to full in a very short time.

Buying a note 4 is apple like? How do you figure? I had the note edge. And yes while it's cool, it was not all that inpressive. When I'm doing something on my note 4, I have a small pop up for calls and texts. No bother. When I need to switch between apps I have to hit one button.

Yes the edge panel is cool. But for me at least I do not believe in having to carry a spare battery. The edge panel does not outweigh my need for a battery that can call all day with out needing a charge. Also the screen size while not a big deal is smaller. For what I do with my phone, the note edge was not for me.

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Buying a note 4 is apple like? How do you figure? I had the note edge. And yes while it's cool, it was not all that inpressive. When I'm doing something on my note 4, I have a small pop up for calls and texts. No bother. When I need to switch between apps I have to hit one button.

Yes the edge panel is cool. But for me at least I do not believe in having to carry a spare battery. The edge panel does not outweigh my need for a battery that can call all day with out needing a charge. Also the screen size while not a big deal is smaller. For what I do with my phone, the note edge was not for me.

Well, apple-like meaning it looks like just every phone out there. The note 1 - 4 all look just about the same. just like the iPhone 1-6+ only change is in the size. I like the looks of the Edge, I like it is unique. I like the camera button on the panel, and not on the picture. As far as the battery is concerned, I bought a spare, and never use it. I know the 4 gets better battery life, it has a bigger battery. The only reason I bought the Edge is the looks, both offer the same insides, but there are those "Super" heavy users like you, that need the bigger battery (ZeroLemon probably has a extended battery for it by now) and there are those like me that are either regular - heavy users that find the battery just fine. After 10 hours of my kind of heavy use I use about 50% of the battery. But no matter what type of user you are "NewUseritius" can kill even the Note 4's battery quickly.

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Note 4..going to get it this week.

Does the sim card in the Motorola Droid Maxx fit in the note 4?

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I had the note edge for a while. While it was cool, I traded it for a note 4. The battery on the note 4 is so much better. I have certain things I do on my phone in the morning and on the way to work. On my note edge after waking up at 5am and doing my thing then getting to work I would be at 69% from 100%. On my note 4 doing EXACTLY the same thing I am at 86% from 100. By the end of the day on my note 4 I'm at 29%. On my note edge I would have to charge it at least once. I am not at a desk or in my car at work so charging during the day is a very big inconvenience to me. I can use my note 4 without any concerns all day. Streaming music, Google maps, news, snote, action memo and camera. I also noticed alot of lag on the note edge. My note 4 runs smooth.

I may try the next generation of the note edge if they make one, but for now I'm sticking to my Note 4. I have had every model of the note from its first generation, including the edge. I have had EVERY flagship phone from all manufacturers on many different carriers. And the Note 4 is by far the absolute best phone I have ever used. It is so advanced and so useful, I do not use a laptop at work or home. I can complete every task I have to do for work on this phone. From signing documents to scanning and faxing approvals to doing safety walk throughs while taking pictures of violations, marking the pics with the spen and then sending them to department heads. Doing this on my note edge would require me to carry a spare battery or charge throughout the day. I refuse to have to buy am extra battery for my phones.

The note 4 is all you need man, don't waste your money on the note edge. Yes, it looks cool, but to be honest, if battery and smooth performance are important to you, stick with the note 4.

I remember you being a huge fan of the Edge and stating that you were able to charge at work, so battery life wasn't an issue. I wondered where you had gone. ;) I think it was you that started the thread challenging folks who thought the edge was a gimmicks to explain why.

I did the opposite of you. Went from Note 4 to the Edge and don't regret it at all! So glad Samsung released two great Notes!

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I did what rabernet did!

I remember you being a huge fan of the Edge and stating that you were able to charge at work, so battery life wasn't an issue. I wondered where you had gone. ;) I think it was you that started the thread challenging folks who thought the edge was a gimmicks to explain why.

I did the opposite of you. Went from Note 4 to the Edge and don't regret it at all! So glad Samsung released two great Notes!

LOLS! Yep, I went from the Note 4 to the Edge as well. Chris, one of your lines "The edge screen already provides a much much more fluid multitasking experience for the simple fact what ever is on the main screen stays" help me see the light! Thank you. I believe the "much much" sold me!

Your input plus many other reviews of the Note Edge along with the fact that I quickly got board with the the Note 4 convinced me to make the switch.. They're both nice pieces of tech. I sold my 3 month old Note 4 for 600 after buying it on the Best Buy deal (200 off) back in October and that made it a little easier to justify. Also I've heard that "if you're not living on the EDGE... then you're taking up to much space!". :)

Either way they're just phones and great phones at that, but I'm over them both now. NEXT!
Just kidding. I'm good for a bit now.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The Note Edge is a cool idea but can you even change the look of the icons on the Edge screen like you can on the main screen or will they be different looking? Also, cases and screen protectors. You'll be largely buying on line and waiting for delivery for both as retailers have few offerings unless things have just dramatically changed.

Last edited:

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

I was a huge fan. But as my work requirements being to have me away from my desk for most of the day I noticed alot of issues. I live the edge, but the note 4 to me is more of a powerhouse. Also I needed more protection options for my phone so now I am able to have my otterbox defender again with no worries.

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
but the note 4 to me is more of a powerhouse.

This is what I don't understand. How is it "More of a powerhouse" than the Edge? Same memory, same CPU, only thing different is the battery and screen. And neither of them qualify as making it a powerhouse. In-between the battery and screen they are the SAME PHONE. Both are a "Powerhouse" if you want to use that phrase. But I will agree that the Edge isn't for everyone. Neither is a Lamborghini. LoL (Not that I wouldn't mind owning one) ;)

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It's interesting. Chris was such a vocal proponent of the Note Edge. ...but, yes, the Note 4 is my most awesome phone. The only phones that come close are the Note Edge and Note 3 IMO.

macolliejr

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
I assume everyone is versed in disabling the bloatware? I keep hearing the battery thing again and again but I get battery life equal to our better than all other note series phones (except one note3 I rooted and sold to a coworker). And all I've dine is some very basic app managing and used auto on the screen brightness. I really don't get the battery complaints. Did I just get the one super battery of the lot or what?

Posted via the Android Central App

Edit: I meant all the other note series phone at my work, didn't mean in the entire world lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-02-20-37-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-02-20-37-29.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 125

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

I came from the Note 3 and was on the fence regarding the Note Edge and the Note 4. I find the battery life to be the same or a slight improvement over the Note 3. Honestly, I really do not think that there is that much of a difference between the battery life in the Note Edge and Note 4. I use the Power Saver Mode enabled just like I did with the Note 3. My battery lasts me a full day.

For me, I really like the Edge panel. The ability to find the apps on the panel that I use the most if very convenient. You can customize the Edge panel to change some of the apps that are displayed.

I also think that the display looks better on the Edge than the Note 4.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I bought my TMobile Note Edge a week ago, but will return it tomorrow, and will keep my Note 4 I got on day one. To me, my Gear S really enhances my Note 4 to my liking and idea of convenience, so I find the Note Edge unique features unnecessary and redundant. Plus, the Note 4 has a noticeable longer screen, and the battery life seems better too.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I bought my TMobile Note Edge a week ago, but will return it tomorrow, and will keep my Note 4 I got on day one. To me, my Gear S really enhances my Note 4 to my liking and idea of convenience, so I find the Note Edge unique features unnecessary and redundant. Plus, the Note 4 has a noticeable longer screen, and the battery life seems better too.

I bought the Gear S this past weekend. Neat gadget but it's not useful to me. I took it back and got something I'll enjoy more to accompany my Note 4.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney