Why won't my edge panel minimize?

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Edge panel won't minimize

Hi,

I have my edge panels set to time out at 15 seconds but they never time out and minimize. Once open they stay open unless I go into another ap.
But if I open them in that ap they stay open forever.

Samsung told me that the home button should minimize the edge panels on the home screen but that does work either.
They seem to be set to automatically open on start up and they just stay open when on home screen and if I open them in an ap
they stay open. If I don't open them in an ap they reopen automatically when returning to the home screen.

Anyone know the answer to this ?

I'm with Verizon.

Thanks,

Jules

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Edge panel won't minimize

I know that this might be the obvious but did you try to restart the phone by taking the battery out and putting it back in? If so, then I might consider a factory reset to see if that solves it. I have a Note Edge from Verizon and it does not do that.

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site

yes I did all that while on a chat with Samsung. they next suggested a factory reset but I just spent several hours setting up the phone and downloading apps that don't get saved when changing the phone etc..etc... just don't have time to do that again right now.

playing with it more today I did find that as soon as I touch the screen in an ap it hides the edge panel so it's not as much of a problem as I thought. It just won't time out and hide on it's own. So the only thing to resolve is hiding it on the home screen but that I can live with.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site

That's normal operation. It won't hide in its own. Just tap the screen.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site

Yes it does seem that is normal operation but then what is the time out setting for the edge panel for. I tried setting the edge panel time out to five minutes when the home screen was set to two minutes thinking the edge panel would stay on when the home screen turned off but it did not stay on, both the home screen and edge panel turned off together at two minutes. so there is still a question there.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

Yes it does seem that is normal operation but then what is the time out setting for the edge panel for. I tried setting the edge panel time out to five minutes when the home screen was set to two minutes thinking the edge panel would stay on when the home screen turned off but it did not stay on, both the home screen and edge panel turned off together at two minutes. so there is still a question there.

Exactly. What IS the purpose of the Edge timeout function??

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site

Edge timeout function is how long the edge panel lights up after you rub the genie with the screen off

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000