Note Edge or Note 4?

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok I don't what to choose between the Note 4 and Note Edge.
Here's some questions that could help me:
-What is the best for one handed use? Is the edge shortcuts helping or the phone is bigger because of it?
-Is it true the Note Edge screen is easily scratchable while Note 4 is more robust?
-Is the screen of Edge bad under sunlight while the Note 4 is very good?
-Is Edge's battery much worst than Note 4?
-Which one has better Roms support (Exynos version)?

us2does1

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I am an owner of a note edge. As far as being easier to use, I would have to say that the edge is easier because of the edge panel. I dropped my device on pavement, and yes I have a lovely scratch. The screen under sunlight is the same as a note 4 (my friend has one). Battery life is not as good as my note 3 was. I have Verizon, so I can't say about ROMS

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
You can use the Note Edge in your right hand and use your thumb to easily open apps that you have placed in the edge panel.
The Edge and Note 4 screens are no different so neither is more able to be scratched then the other.
Both the Note Edge and Note 4 screens are great under sunlight.
I am getting battery battery life from my Note Edge even though it has a smaller battery. This might be just due to different settings.

Not sure about the roms.

I own and use both phones every day. I use my Note Edge without a case and the Note 4 in a S View cover.

us2does1

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I would say the note 4. There isn't much love for the edge (developer wise). Besides, there are apps that can do what the edge does.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Which one will you advise me to get as you got experience with both?

I use the Note Edge as my main phone simply because I prefer the edge panel and the way notifications are displayed in it. I think it feels much better in my hand too as I use it.

I originally planned on getting only the Note Edge but decided on the Note 4 because of the bigger battery. A week later I bought the Note Edge also. Like I said above, I'm actually getting better battery life on the Edge.

Some people say the edge panel isn't worth the extra cost but I say it is.

I really love this phone.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I concur with the previous posters. The edge makes it an easy access to the apps that I use the most often. I am using a plastic screen protector on the device. I am waiting for the manufactures to make a glass screen protector.

I was torn between the Note 4 and the Note Edge myself. When I first saw the Note Edge I thought it was gimmicky. After going back a couple of times I saw the benefit of the Edge.

I also had the UAG case on it which looked awesome on the phone. It made the phone much bigger. Now I have a Iroo jelly case and a Otongke case. Both are great. I was actually considering getting rid of this phone and getting a Droid turbo because I wanted something easier to manage. The cases helped make it more manageable.

Posted via the Android Central App

whitecollar

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Plus the Edge is totally cool!. The Note 4 is a wonderful, powerful, rectangle in the midst of many many other wonderful, powerful, rectangles. Get the different one.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Just go to the app store and type in multi task and there are many apps there

That's not an answer. I did go to the app store and type in "multi task." It didn't bring up any options that could effectively replicate the Edge display. Now, there are some apps that can place a quick access strip over the current screen but that was available with the S5 through a quick access setting. It's also not the same as actually having a strip of quick access apps that doesn't cover the main screen.

Also, with the Edge screen, you can easily control music playback, look at the weather and see what your notifications are, and open all all without having the main screen on. Yeah, that's not something that an app can replicate. No, if someone is truly looking for the Edge display, they would be better off getting a Note Edge as there is no way it can be effectively replicated with the use of an app.

yostevo

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Have you played with the edge yet? I would check out YouTube tutorials to get a good idea of what I can do. Reviews don't really delve into what the phone can do.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Whatever you get MAKE SURE YOU INVEST IN A DECENT CASE. And not that Flimsy leather flip crap.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Whatever you get MAKE SURE YOU INVEST IN A DECENT CASE. And not that Flimsy leather flip crap.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...
A case is always optional. I have not had a case on my Note Edge in the two months I have owned it. I don't think I will ever get one for it.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I like both the Note 4 and Edge about the same. I prefer the power button being on the side on my Note 4 and the fact that I can use a tempered glass screen protector on it. Getting notifications on the Edge panel is kinda neat but not killer for me. Both are great phones but if I could only have one I'd just get the Note 4. Glad I have both though.

♻from the n.4 Prime✒🍫

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't think I would either, the phone is big enough!
Btw do you get scratches on screen easily?

I recently purchased an inexpensive ($10) case off of Amazon that adds about 1mm all around. It actually makes the phone easier to hold by adding a grip right below the Edge display but it's thin enough that I can still comfortably use the phone with one hand. I do have another case (Urban Armor Gear) that I plan on using when I go to concerts or work in the field just to get that extra drop protection. It does make the phone a bit unwieldy.

I used my Note Edge for a solid 2 weeks before picking up a case. I don't think a case is necessary with a little common sense but I always use one, even if it is slim, just in case. The thing I always recommend is a screen protector as a screen will eventually start developing scratches over time, even minor ones. I didn't use a screen protector with my Droid X and it had quite a few hairline scratches after its two years. The same with my boss's iPhone 5. Like I said, they were minor but enough to start driving me nuts. Verizon gave me a three pack of anti-scratch, self healing screen protectors with my phone. They feel like glass, are crystal clear, and the couple of starches that I've already put on it have healed overnight and turn into smudges I wipe off. They normally sell them for $12.99.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Just use the phone how you want to use it. Get a case or don't. Don't worry about scratching the screen. Unless you put it in a pocket with change or other things, it won't scratch. It's a phone. use it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21