That pen

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
This would be my first Note.
Just curious if you guys actually use that cool S pen very much and if so, for what.

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I've had the Note Edge for a bit more than two weeks now, and I find that the S Pen is very useful. It makes scrolling really comfortable, and its features (Action Memo, Smart Select etc.) can be really convenient.

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I use Smart Select a lot to send small sections of screenshots via text message to people. it looks a lot cleaner than an entire screenshot. Action Memo is useful for taking quick, short notes. Image Clip is the same as Smart Select, but the cutout doesn't have to be a rectangle. The only function I rarely use is Screen Write. Although I've only used it a few times, I can see how it would be really useful from a business standpoint. It allows you to take a quick screenshot and draw/make notes on it.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Awesome.. These are the exact real-life things I was wondering about. I especially like that part about not having to do a whole Screenshot when you just want a small section.
Thank you.

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
No problem!

I highly recommend the Note Edge as whole. I haven't really had any issues besides Touchwiz being itself, but I fixed that with the Google Now Launcher.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I use my pen mainly for taking quick notes. I don't do serious note taking (like in meetings, at conferences, etc.) because I have a Surface Pro 2 for that but I do make quick notes on my Note Edge. I sometimes use the Action Memo function but, if it's something that I need for work or something that I need to do at home, I'll use OneNote since it syncs up with my Surface back home.

Either way it's nice having the ability to jot down a quick note for something. I haven't used the stylus for much else though.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I use the S Pen for meeting notes, professional notes (customer details, etc.), personal notes (shopping lists, wish lists, etc.). The S Pen is a nice feature to have and has completely replaced paper note-taking for me.

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I love it just for the simple fact that it keeps my screen smudge free! And the handy S pen warning lets me know if I leave it behind at work, that has saved me more than a couple times :D

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I love it just for the simple fact that it keeps my screen smudge free! And the handy S pen warning lets me know if I leave it behind at work, that has saved me more than a couple times :D

If you leave your S pen separate from the unit, you get an alarm.?

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm just the opposite of these guys. This is my first Note phone also. So while they use it for action memo and notes (I'm still learning this), I use mine heavily for the screen write function. Especially for quick meme's to post on Facebook.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...