Anyone else's edge weather info broken after the AT&T lollipop update?

EsEllEmm

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Instead of showing the temperature, it just continually tells me to tap here to add weather. I did tap there... I set the stupid settings... Still no weather. :mad:

Well, there goes one of the things I liked most about the edge display.

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
My still works fine, however at night when I use the edge for night clock it use to show the weather temp now it just shows the time and date.

Posted via the Android Central App

EsEllEmm

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Seriously!? Mine is doing that too, but I assumed it was just because the weather is not showing up at all.

I loved having the current weather on the night clock display. It was nice to look over at the phone first thing in the morning and see what it was like outside. Why are they taking good features away with new updates!? :mad:

EsEllEmm

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, I did a factory reset, still nothing! It just keeps telling me to tap here to add weather info. It doesn't matter how I set it. it never actually gives me weather info.

Is it even worth taking it to an AT&T store, or will they just assume I don't know what I'm doing and then look dumbfounded when they realize that the phone is truly not working correctly?

EsEllEmm

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Finally found the solution from another forum. Apparently if you never set up the factory weather widget, the weather on the edge screen no longer works on lollipop. So, all you have to do is set up the widget, and the weather on the edge comes back. You can even delete the widget afterwards, but you have to at least set it up.

Sammytheorangutan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Mine doesn't ask to add info but after the 5.0.1 update, it doesn't show up on the night clock. Odd. Probably a work around but I dunno what it is. I miss it.

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anyone else's edge weather info broken after the AT&T lollipop update?

Broken on the Sprint update as well. .....sucks:banghead:

Sent from my Note Edge using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ChiTy14

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Thanks but I seem to have done this and I still cant get the weather so show up on the edge during my night clock hours. Any ideas or link to where you found the forum, maybe it has more detail for morons like me? Thanks!!