Serious popups

Stevenp1

May 19, 2015
Visit site
I have been experiencing pretty intense popups (presumably related to Google Play) for several months now on my Note Edge. Usually it occurs after having my phone locked for several hours but ever since the Lollipop update its gotten worse. The popups consist of redirecting me, no matter what I'm doing to a "just for you" add through GP. At which point I back out of it. From there it redirects me straight to the store. Very very annoying, especially for such a nice phone. Haven't found a solution but according to my service provider, it has become an "epidemic." I have become desperate for a solution. I don't think a factory reset will help.

Stevenp1

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Ok. I'll continue trying that. I'm not an app enthusiast so there is nt much to choose from, at least that appear malicious. The google play ads are almost like clockwork, though.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
If you're running a Free Launcher, that will do it....and/or a paid one, that you downloaded a free theme or something from within that launcher's installed theme apps. An example would be Go Launcher...after I paid for no ads, I all of a sudden started getting pop ups again...turns out it was the free theme i installed using Go Launcher's free themes.

Just an idea

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy