Auto Mute?

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm on Sprint. Does anyone else have an issue where the phone just auto mutes while talking? I have noticed at times that the screen is active at times while on the phone which could be the problem but, when the phone does auto mute and I pull up the screen, the phone is not muted but the person I'm talking to can't hear me.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Sprint. Does anyone else have an issue where the phone just auto mutes while talking? I have noticed at times that the screen is active at times while on the phone which could be the problem but, when the phone does auto mute and I pull up the screen, the phone is not muted but the person I'm talking to can't hear me.

Could it be the connection vs the phone auto muting?

neoberry99

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site

Yes it happens to me frequently. Do you use a flip cover?

Posted via the Android Central App

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Yes it happens to me frequently. Do you use a flip cover?

Not at all. I have a UAG case. It hasn't happened recently but for a while it was maybe one in every four calls. Very strange.

micheldun

May 8, 2015
Visit site
This happens to me quite often, nearly half of my calls. Have not figured out why at all. I am on ATT so I assume it is a Samsung issue.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I have semi found the culprit. Still experimenting but all evidence is pointing to the proximity sensor.

sassyhottpepper

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
The proximity sensor? Hmm. Keep us posted, please. I know I took off my folio case and put on default back cover 5 days ago. I have only had one instance of not being heard since then. I think I could have been in a bad spot at that time. Still waiting to see if my case was the culprit for me.