Note Edge screen protectors opinions (July 2015)?

Morenap93

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
How are the screen protectors you guys are using holding up? I am a new note edge owner, and I am concerned how the S Pen affects TPU screen protectors (such as skinomi) over time. I was thinking about trying to rig a tempered glass screen protector up to the edge and perhaps and using a TPU just for the edge where I wouldn't normally press hard with the S pen.
Or is a screen protector even necessary?

Last edited:

darin7

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Verizon Wireless pre-installed one on my Note 3 company phone. And it holding up well a few little wear but not bad. I have in a leather case I got on Amazon that had a Bluetooth real keyboard. The works great like a mini tablet. Flips open and props the phone up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liinxcore

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I have a note edge and tried various screen protectors with no real success. even had a verizon rep install one. I ended up stopping by a ghost armor kiosk. It has held up absolutely perfectly. I wouldn't waste time with screen protectors and just go and have it ghost armored (or something comparable)

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I have had my Edge since day one. Not a single scratch with no screen protector. I use a UAG case.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The one I use is called Klear Kare. Comes with a spray solution that you use on the protector to bond the film to the screen. Had my phone since April 30th, and this is the best screen protector I've used for any phone I've ever owned. The minor scratches that you normally get from removing your phone from the pouch or holster you have disappear over time because the film is self-healing. Clear and no issues with any yellowing of the film over time.

Posted From my Verizon Galaxy Note Edge via the Android Central App. And Don't Eat The Yellow Snow!

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I actually don't use a screen protector, just a good case (verus thor) and my screen has no scratches/cracks :) sometimes take the case off, I'm very careful not to drop it (I believe I went through at least 2 phones in a year because of dropping them heh)

Posted via the Android Central App

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I actually don't use a screen protector, just a good case (verus thor) and my screen has no scratches/cracks :) sometimes take the case off, I'm very careful not to drop it (I believe I went through at least 2 phones in a year because of dropping them heh)

I have the Verus case on my phone. It adds so much style to an already sexy phone. And, just for my own edification, I have a screen protector on my phone. And it's usually the only one I use for the life of the phone. This one I'm using in particular (Klear Kare) is absolutely terrific!

Posted From my Verizon Galaxy Note Edge via the Android Central App. And Don't Eat The Yellow Snow!

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I have the Verus case on my phone. It adds so much style to an already sexy phone. And, just for my own edification, I have a screen protector on my phone. And it's usually the only one I use for the life of the phone. This one I'm using in particular (Klear Kare) is absolutely terrific!

I love the verus, it makes me okay not using my phone nude (though I still take the case off occasionally to show off its sexiness) but the case removed the sharper corners of the device, which I wish it wouldn't :/

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I believe there are several good choices to make. For my opinion, you can refer to my reply earlier in the thread. But the Klear Kare screen protector is self-healing. That's a game changer for me.

Taigatrommel

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
At first I didn't want toapply a protector, but decided doinh so nonetheless. I went with Skinomi, first time I ever used a protector with wet application. It worked rather well, the fitting is pretty decent with some room tolerances if you can't align it to 100% correctly.
The protector itself is good, the feeling is surprisingly well for a plastic film unit? It also covers the edge side of the display, which was a must for me.The only downsides I can think of:
Price
When writing with the S-Pen it leaves some traces on the protector, which disappear over time. Slightly annoying but no deal breaker here.

neoberry99

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Screen protector is a must I think. Especially now that they make them much more durable. I think you're crazy to not use one.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, before I purchased my Edge a couple days ago I stupidly assumed I could just grab a tempered glass screen protector from Amazon ... apparently they don't make them?

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a note edge and tried various screen protectors with no real success. even had a verizon rep install one. I ended up stopping by a ghost armor kiosk. It has held up absolutely perfectly. I wouldn't waste time with screen protectors and just go and have it ghost armored (or something comparable)

What exactly is Ghost Armored, I looked on Amazon but couldn't find information?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad