New version Note Edge or not?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I checked at phonearena.com the other day to see if there was a new Edge in the works for release coming up. Didn't find one :( other Notes are moving up a digit but I could not find this for the Edge.

Anyone know any more on this?

twentytrump

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Edge was initially supposed to be a limited edition but seeing it's practicality it is now being made in doubles

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Samsung is releasing S6 Edge Plus, which is the same size as the Note Edge. Which may mean that there might not be a Note Edge II.
However, it's too early to tell, we should know for sure in August.

Last edited:

Taigatrommel

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
I doubt they'll release an Edge 2, they most likely want to get most attention to the new S6 Plus. The original Note Edge more or less seems to have successfully finished it' s mission as some sort of prototype for end-users.
The S6 Plus of course won't be a fitting successor, just because of the S-Pen missing. Also I have my doubts how useful the Edge displays will be, to my knowledge the S6 Edge was inferiour when it comes to usability of the edges....

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I doubt they'll release an Edge 2, they most likely want to get most attention to the new S6 Plus. The original Note Edge more or less seems to have successfully finished it' s mission as some sort of prototype for end-users.
The S6 Plus of course won't be a fitting successor, just because of the S-Pen missing. Also I have my doubts how useful the Edge displays will be, to my knowledge the S6 Edge was inferiour when it comes to usability of the edges....

Yes on all counts. The S6 Edge Plus will have no unique edge functionality, only a larger version of the S6 Edge and of course no pen. Also keep in mind from this year release Samsung is going with no removal of battery and no SD Cards, that's the word on the Note 5, which will follow design cues from S6, such as glass back.

So I guess soon Samsung's top line up will be S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge Plus and Note 5. They'll probably retire the Note Edge and we'll have the single most unique phone in Samsung's lineup (not that anyone cares :) )

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I checked at phonearena.com the other day to see if there was a new Edge in the works for release coming up. Didn't find one :( other Notes are moving up a digit but I could not find this for the Edge.

Anyone know any more on this?

Hey Shaggy kids! DID you trade your Note 3 for the Note Edge?
If so are you glad you did and do you find the 'edge' gimmicky or is it useful?
Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
No, I still have my Note 3 and from what I'm seeing in replies from this post prolly never will have the Edge if they're not going to put out a new version. :(

Verizon only sells the Edge in black and I want a white one, black just looks too manly to me and the white is just so sharp looking! I know, most people will laugh over that and think I'm being silly or too picky but that's alright, it's my phone I'll do what I want. I haven't seen a cover for it that completely hides the black but then I haven't looked real hard either.

I think it's really stupid that VZW decided to limit color to just one leaving people with no choice at all. I keep hoping that if there is a new version of the Edge coming out that VZW will open their closed minds and offer a color choice. My contract isn't up until Feb 2016 anyway although I know I could swap hubby's upgrade over it looks like according to the promo that it would require purchasing through VZW at either full price or Edge plan and I'm not going to do either. I buy my phones on swappa.com and swap them out in my account myself.

I don't like the idea of a non-removable battery or SD card either, that bothers me a lot.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Verizon doesn't even offer the Edge on their page anymore. I wanted a white one too and bit the bullet and bought one off of Swappa and then literally the next day the Edge disappeared from the Verizon page.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I think it's really stupid that VZW decided to limit color to just one leaving people with no choice at all.
that was a smart move. why offer a phone that sold in such limited quantities in more than one color. you'd have to double your inventory, hence double your losses. it has nothing to do with being "closed minded" it's just good business sense.

Harry_Yambag

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
that was a smart move. why offer a phone that sold in such limited quantities in more than one color. you'd have to double your inventory, hence double your losses. it has nothing to do with being "closed minded" it's just good business sense.

Or... You could keep the same amount of inventory, while offering half in one color, half in the other color...

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Or... You could keep the same amount of inventory, while offering half in one color, half in the other color...
I know it may sound easy on paper but it's a big no no for the purchasing dept.

basically the rule of purchasing (meaning how many units and variations of that unit a company orders of a product) is based on that item's availability, price and popularity.

because the Note Edge is the most expensive phone released in the US, and it's a pro phone and not a consumer one, like the S6, it also attracts only the tech-savvy added to that it was an experiment and was intended to be a very low volume product, it would not make sense from purchasing standpoint to make it available in more colors.

S6 gets all 4 colors, but the Edge just one. That makes sense.

Now it doesn't mean that every company is going to follow this rule, but VZW is no slouch and they are a success, because they know what they are doing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton