Feedback on fingerprint scanner?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

Could I just get your feelings on using the fingerprint scanner? Wondering if you find it useful and how/why or why not? Any known problems w/it?

Thanks much,
Deb

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
My fingers are too small for the fingerprint scanner it seems. I always redline the darn thing when I try to unlock it, so I'm hoping for a little better fingerprint scan technology in the future. The Apple Touch ID is the one thing I miss about the iPhone.

carvation

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I use it everyday ,every now and then i my have to do it more than once but for the most part it works

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy® Note Edge

Rev17

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
I use it everyday. Excellent security. Works 99% of the time for me for both the thumb and index finger.
Plus, Peace of mind from those overly curious phone exploring people ;)

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I used it at first, but I got curious and started doing some digging.. I can't quite remember if it was just my state, or all of the U.S., but I found out that if you were to be pulled over by the cops, they have the authority to have you unlock if you use the thumbprint scanner as a security measure, so I nipped that in the bud quick!

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I used it at first, but I got curious and started doing some digging.. I can't quite remember if it was just my state, or all of the U.S., but I found out that if you were to be pulled over by the cops, they have the authority to have you unlock if you use the thumbprint scanner as a security measure, so I nipped that in the bud quick!
That doesn't worry me. I have nothing on my phone to hide from the law.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

kieso

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I was liking the fingerprint scanner until I just read about an android vulnerability that can allow someone to steal your fingerprint data. That's bad especially if you linked it to paypal. I'm done using the scanner now

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the Note Edge and also have an iPhone 6+. Comparing the 2 fingerprint solutions, sadly, the iPhone wins here. All I have to do is press my finger on the home button and done. I noticed with the Note Edge, you have to slide your finger over the home button. It can be awkward and didn't work for me a lot of the times. I was getting 70% success with it so I eventually turned it off. Like the iPhone, I really like that you can register more than one finger. :D

Kathleen Mecca

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I too find that I achieve about 70% success rate. It makes a difference if your fingers were damp/wet, had lotion etc. Also, I am not sure if there is a correlation, but my phone gets glichy when I have it on.

Leafs1201

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
After coming from the iPhone 6 which has a decent finger print scanner I was a bit sceptical about the Note Edge finger print scanner as I had read some truly awful reviews about it, but tbh once you give it a bit of time I'd say mine works first time about 98% of the time which to me puts it on par with my old iPhone 6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy