Better battery KitKat or lollipop

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Which OS do you think has the better battery for the note edge, Kit Kat or lollipop I am currently on KitKat but I don't want to update if it makes the battery worse if you think it makes the battery worse is it worth updating?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Which OS do you think has the better battery for the note edge, Kit Kat or lollipop I am currently on KitKat but I don't want to update if it makes the battery worse if you think it makes the battery worse is it worth updating?
Update the device. I'm not sure which model/carrier you are using, but there are very important security updates that make accepting Lollipop that much more important: T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 and Note Edge receiving Stagefright fix [Update: Galaxy S5, too] | Android Central

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm still on KitKat on a Verizon Note Edge as well and was just wondering the same thing. It's like waiting in a fallout shelter. I love KK. Have tried LP on a Note 4 and a S5, but haven't had an urge to jump on board when I'm happier than a clam on KK.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
If you have KK and you do NOT have any problems, just wait for the new os. Lollipop is a Pandoras box. Some phones have to be completely reset, others have significant battery issues and some have no issues at all. If you do update, make sure it's nothing on your phone that you need i.e. files/pics...

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have been on Lollipop since my original Note Edge that I kept on Kitkat died on me and was sent a brand new updated Note Edge with 5.0.1. I have to say, the battery life is a mixed bag for me. On Kitkat, I was getting 18-22 hours on average. On Lollipop, I'm getting that same amount on average... mostly. There are times where the battery life can be as little as 10 hours, but that seems to depend on where I am, signal, app usage, etc. I am actually looking forward to see how 5.1.1 is going to improve the performance of this great phone. I can only hope that the Note Edge gets Marshmallow down the road, since it would fall under the 18 month Android support window from Google. But I think it's wishful thinking. Maybe that will help the battery life of our phones, also.

Posted From my Verizon Galaxy Note Edge via the Android Central App... And Don't Eat The Yellow Snow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC