LED notifications - dissapointed.

Evilbones76

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Hello there.

I'm very dissapointed with the LEDs on the Edge +. My previous phone was the Blackberry Passport, and you could setup a different colour LED for everything, on this phone the best I get is a blue flashing LED when a notification comes through; thats it.

I have tried the following apps: LED Blinker Pro, Light Manger Pro, Light Flow and Xposed LED - and none of them work! Not sure if this user error or not.

Additionally, most seem to suggest that the LED only works when you the phone in standby? I have multiple emails, and do a lot on my phone when walking round work; I need to see a flash LED representing a specific notification when the phone is turned on, no just when its on standby - this is essential for my email accounts.

Not sure if this is an issues with the Phone, which it dose appear to be - or the apps, or me! I have followed instructions on each LED app, to no avail.

Any ideas guys, love the phone; but might have to go back to the passport. The feedback, notifications are just not up to standard, which on a great phone like this is a shame.

Or am I expecting too much - I know on previous versions Light Flow worked, but not on the Edge +.

Thanks for any help given.

Evil

oceanrealm

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello. I found the following link that describes the functionality of the LED on the Note Edge: Samsung Galaxy Note Edge User Guide

I also wonder if anyone knows if there is an app that allows the led or other indicator to appear continuously on the Edge Screen for those of us who use the flip cover. I know the notification comes on the edge initially, but eventually disappears. Again, with the flip cover closed, it would be nice to have an LED reminder actually on the Edge Screen. Otherwise, we have to open the cover to see... I know, not a major deal. But it would be nice for the notification panel to do what the LED does when no cover is on the screen!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34