Verizon Note Edge 5.1.1 yet?

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I was at Verizon yesterday and they'd said that the update for the Note Edge has begun rolling out a few days ago. I'm still camping on 4.4.4, so has anyone got the update yet?

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I haven't heard anything on that front yet. But it's been ages since the update released elsewhere.

Posted From my Verizon Galaxy Note Edge via the Android Central App... And Don't Eat The Yellow Snow!

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Heck yeah it has been. I'm always curious about the updates themselves, no so curious about leaving KK yet.

I don't blame you.

Posted From my Verizon Galaxy Note Edge via the Android Central App... And Don't Eat The Yellow Snow!

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Friend of mine has an LG she got it and I believe mine is pending. I just haven't performed it yet. Probably will shortly.

Deb from my Note Edge

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Let me know, ShaggyKids! My Edge is being temperamental with apps lately, and I'm considering making the jump. I know Marshmallow is a ways off for the Edge, so 5.1.1 wouldn't be too terrible...maybe.

kieso

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't think we will ever see 5.1.1. My phone is running pretty slow right now. It's hate to do it but I'll probably have to wipe it

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a sneaking suspicion that Marshmallow will be the next update. I think it will be cooked right into the 6.0 update. It's been over a month or so since 5.1.1 was released for other variants of the Note Edge.

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I have a sneaking suspicion that Marshmallow will be the next update. I think it will be cooked right into the 6.0 update. It's been over a month or so since 5.1.1 was released for other variants of the Note Edge.

I'm sure we'll get 5.1.1 by maybe February/March. I wouldn't expect 6.0 marshmallow until late summer if at all for the edge :/

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure we'll get 5.1.1 by maybe February/March. I wouldn't expect 6.0 marshmallow until late summer if at all for the edge :/

I'm just happy the phone is actually going to get the update. I know Marshmallow is a long time away, but at least it's coming to the phone, according to all the information I've read the last couple of weeks.

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm just happy the phone is actually going to get the update. I know Marshmallow is a long time away, but at least it's coming to the phone, according to all the information I've read the last couple of weeks.

Sure would be helpful if Verizon were more transparent with the updates :/ like some people *cough cough* T-Mobile

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
But at least your phone can be rooted.... I have AT&T (5.1.1) but the bootloader has been locked. If I was on Verizon I'd be scanning XDA forums to root and load the latest android there...

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
But at least your phone can be rooted.... I have AT&T (5.1.1) but the bootloader has been locked. If I was on Verizon I'd be scanning XDA forums to root and load the latest android there...

Where'd you hear that? Last I heard was temporary root was achieved that lasted for about 20 minutes tops.

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
The only phone I know is the AT&T variant. And it has a temp root for kit Kat. Sorry, I must have assumed that since I didn't read a lot of complaint about the other variants, that they was all rootable. Guess I was wrong, then I feel for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Let me know, ShaggyKids! My Edge is being temperamental with apps lately, and I'm considering making the jump. I know Marshmallow is a ways off for the Edge, so 5.1.1 wouldn't be too terrible...maybe.
Nope, was not the upgrade. Sorry!

Deb from my Note Edge

KeninWA

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
new to android Phones.. What is the value of 5.1.1 over 5.0.1 that I have on my Verizon Note Edge now? From what I read all it will do is break my flip case that I added wireless to.. any other reason? I would want this vs be happy with what I have now?

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
new to android Phones.. What is the value of 5.1.1 over 5.0.1 that I have on my Verizon Note Edge now? From what I read all it will do is break my flip case that I added wireless to.. any other reason? I would want this vs be happy with what I have now?

Bug fixes, speed increase, ability to use apps/apks that require higher APIs (21/22+), hopefully better battery life..