Alarm clock - Snooze and Dismiss Button

tsutsu

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

since the update to 5.1.1 I have a very annoying "feature" within the alarm clock.

Before the upgrade the buttons for snooze and dismiss were big on the main display, like calendar reminder if the screen is locked. After the update the buttons moved to the edge bar and it´s very annoying to dismiss or snooze an alarm from there.

I didn´t find anyone who mentioned this and I didn´t find any options to change where the buttons appear.

Does someone of you know if there´s a setting for this?

Thanks guys!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Not that I have seen, but my phone unfortunately is still on 5.0 but I have played with some updated 5.1 phones and didn't notice it.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

since the update to 5.1.1 I have a very annoying "feature" within the alarm clock.

Before the upgrade the buttons for snooze and dismiss were big on the main display, like calendar reminder if the screen is locked. After the update the buttons moved to the edge bar and it´s very annoying to dismiss or snooze an alarm from there.

I didn´t find anyone who mentioned this and I didn´t find any options to change where the buttons appear.

Does someone of you know if there´s a setting for this?

Thanks guys!

Very odd. I use my alarm every morning and the snooze and dismiss buttons are on the home screen.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

tsutsu

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
A new update came about two days ago, now it´s even weirder. Yesterdays alarm showed the buttons on the home screen, today again only on the edge bar.
Can it be that this behavior has something to do with my book cover case? I´m not 100% sure, but yesterday I thought that the cover was not closed whereas I usually close it everynight.

tsutsu

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
For me it has nothing to do with the case open or closed. Is there any official issue tracker where I can submit this and hope to get the devs attention?