Why do Recent Apps button keep working automatically on my phone?

hasnoor69

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Recent Apps button keeps working automatically on phone

Recent Apps button keeps working automatically and i cannot use my phone. It looks as if the phone is being used by somebody without pressing any buttons, functioning on it's own leaving me helpless.

It's not even a month i have bought the Note Edge and this issue is really frustrating.

I have tried everything too. I cleared the apps cache from the Settings > Storage, have also done Wipe Partition Cache and done a soft reboot process but still the problems persist.

Also, i read some where that disabling the Talkback feature would help, but nothing still after doing that too.

I have not installed any apps recently and whatever i had installed i uninstalled them immediately.

Please help as it is getting very frustrating day by day to use the phone.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Recent Apps button keeps working automatically on phone

Welcome to Android Central! It may be a hardware issue with the button itself. A workaround would be to disable the capacitative buttons, but I think that would require rooting--see this thread for the Note II: Can you disable the home and capacitive butt… - Pg. 2 | Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II. If you did want to do this, make sure you install something like Handy Soft Keys first, so that you still have the ability to use your nav buttons.

Otherwise, contact Samsung if it's still under warranty.

hasnoor69

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Recent Apps button keeps working automatically on phone

Thanks for the prompt reply. Showed the phone to Samsung guys and re-installed the last update via computer.

A very interesting point was noted that all OS Updates should be done connected via a computer and not do them ota as the bugs and improvements don't occur via OTA updates.

My phones working perfectly fine now, am so happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678