Built In Battery

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Not sure why you felt the need to start a new thread instead of just commenting in that one. But if he's losing 2 to 3% per hour with the phone idle he's probably got a software issue, not a battery issue.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Not sure why you felt the need to start a new thread instead of just commenting in that one. But if he's losing 2 to 3% per hour with the phone idle he's probably got a software issue, not a battery issue.

Wasn't aware you couldn't create a thread discussing an issue and linking it to another thread. Because it's not hundreds of threads floating around that incorporate the very same thing lol. If it annoyed you that much, why waste precious time in your life responding?

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
This thread right here is EXACTLY why I can never go non removable battery. The battery starts to suck, the phone is done....

Battery starting to suck - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

I with you 100%! One of the selling points for me when I bought this phone was if the phone froze and I needed to quickly reset the phone or swap out the battery, all that pretty smooth glass finish means a hill of beans if I can't open it up. These OEMs need to realize that.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I with you 100%! One of the selling points for me when I bought this phone was if the phone froze and I needed to quickly reset the phone or swap out the battery, all that pretty smooth glass finish means a hill of beans if I can't open it up. These OEMs need to realize that.

Ok so this I do NOT understand. There have been times when I have had to literally pull the battery out of a phone becasue it froze/locked up. The only thing that allowed me to restart the phone was pulling the battery.

How do you pull the battery on a phone that has a sealed battery?

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok so this I do NOT understand. There have been times when I have had to literally pull the battery out of a phone becasue it froze/locked up. The only thing that allowed me to restart the phone was pulling the battery.

How do you pull the battery on a phone that has a sealed battery?

They worked some kind of solution. I think if you hold the volume down and power button at the same time for 5 seconds, a prompt asks you if you want to restart the phone. It just makes no sense to me. We are both on the same page on that. Lol!

Posted From my Verizon Galaxy Note Edge via the Android Central App... And Don't Eat The Yellow Snow!

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Also, you do not need to pull the battery when the phone freezes. Just hold the power button and the volume down button until the phone restarts.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I see both sides of the coin here. My Note Edge, I have never had to do a battery pull to recover from it. Hell, the only reason I EVER removed the cover was to replace the stock one with the Qi wireless charging back cover.

I know in the days of old, this was a HUGE thing, but nowadays, even on devices that have no removable battery, there is a hardware key combo that does essentially the same thing. Never seen it fail unless it was a total hardware failure which would not have been helped by removing the battery anyway.

After taking to many folks, the vast majority don't really care one way or the other. It's just the few edge cases that get riled up. They brought it back with the S7.

My only real feeling about non-removable batteries, if you are going to keep us from getting bigger ones or spares, make the damn internal battery big enough to handle some serious usage, not just what you think it is the baseline, because that is always too low.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463